SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've got a 2015 90hp 2up spark.
We're currently camping and as of today we're only getting 65kph top speed in sports mode.
We have been getting 80kph previously - it has 20 hours on it andnever had any problems until today.

Any reason our top speed would drop so much?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol i don't weigh 30 kilos heavier than yesterday haha. So weight isn't the issue. Neither is water conditions - weather is just as good as yesterday.

We'll pull it up on the trailer tomorrow and have a look. Otherwise impeller and wear ring is something i guess we nees to go to the dealer for?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lol i don't weigh 30 kilos heavier than yesterday haha. So weight isn't the issue. Neither is water conditions - weather is just as good as yesterday.

We'll pull it up on the trailer tomorrow and have a look. Otherwise impeller and wear ring is something i guess we nees to go to the dealer for?
you don't need to see the dealer. if you are a little bit handy, Watch this i did and now i clan out my own impeller and could change my wear ring..Good Luck..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv0Sl8oFCJM

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
turns out the problem wasn't the impeller at all, and yes we did need to see our dealer.
one of the major bolts had come out of the venturi nozzle and rather than the ski pumping water our behind us, it was pumping water out the side of the ski.
in addition, the siphon hose had come out.
as the ski is under warranty, we took it back to the dealer to repair.
they replaced the bolt & re-fitted the hose, and now it's good as gold again.

if it wasn't under warranty we could have repaired it ourselves but we thought it best to take it to them & get them to check EVERYTHING on the rear of the ski in case anything else had come loose or in case this is a known problem (i.e bolts falling out)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for the note...I'm having a similar problem with similar number of hours on my spark.

Only getting about 35 mph and 6200 rpm out of machine suddenly (first time on water this year). Should be 50mph and 8000 rpm

Speedometer reads high 20's

I will have a look at the jet but the low rpm concerns me that it might be an ECM problem

·
Registered
18 Posts
I replaced my wear ring at the beginning of winter and have the same issue currently. tops out at 42mph like I said I changed out the wear ring and added a Solas Impeller so dont know if that has anything to do with it?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my issue was not the wear ring, as I said in my post above a bolt had come out & water was not coming out the back of the venturi nozzle but spurting out the sides.
took it to a dealer and got it fixed.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I replaced my wear ring at the beginning of winter and have the same issue currently. tops out at 42mph like I said I changed out the wear ring and added a Solas Impeller so dont know if that has anything to do with it?
No true value in the solas impeller that makes a difference in speed. But your wear ring is usually the main issue. As stated in this post his was in regards a bolt on his jet pump causing low pressure and not having the pressure come out through the impeller. causing a low pressure and no thrust. save money from the impeller and have fun with your Spark.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.