SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone find a cheap alternative to the screw top seal orange bailer that Sea Doo sells with their safety kit. Just looking for the bailer and not twisted nylon rope, another flashlight and another whistle. And will fit the shaped space under the steering.

Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001805JU2/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1402971956&sr=8-1&pi=SX200_QL40[/ame]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
318 Posts
What is a bailer for ? I would think a manual pump setup inside the access panel would be the only way you could deal with water inside the hull. That is if you didnt have a bilge pump installed already or lost electrical power to it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
"Bailer" is just the name for the orange screw top seal cylinder your safety kit comes in and sticks into that space where your steering is. Not trying to deal with water inside the hull. The USCG recommends you have a "bailer" or some kind of bucket to toss water as you sink in the drink after hitting the rocks. That storage cylinder just doubles as a "bailer".

Quest is mute anyway. I wanted just the cylinder to use as storage as it's pretty water tight. But the whole kit is like $12...so either that or just find an old laying around.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
If you are sinking your probably better off with a bilge pump than a small cup because your not going to be able to reach into the hull anyway. All u can fit in that storage unit is my documents in a plastic bag. And my phone in a plastic bag the galaxy 5 so it's pretty big. Other than that I have the convienince package

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ended up ordering a 10L floating drybag for my crap after capsizing yesterday. Lucky my front storage was strapped shut. And the freezer bag my phone was in the small glove box water got in. Phone still worked luckily so was able to get some good pictures and videos the rest of the day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts