SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2014 Spark that have been having a couple problems with. ~91hours on the ski. Basically the drive shaft bellows cracked and had a lot of water in the hull. Replaced the bellows and not leaking now.

Problem now is I have a check engine light come on and occasionally have it go into limp mode when going over wakes from boats. I brought it into a dealer where a buddy works and he ran the codes (see picture below). It threw a P0106 code 11 times which means the manifold Intake pressure sensor out of range. I replaced the MAP sensor, took it out for a ride and had the same issue, check engine light over wakes. I also checked all the clamps on the intake, both before and after the throttle body and they are tight. My contact at the dealer doesn't know where to go next.

I started checking other connectors and noticed that the camshaft position sensor has engine oil inside the connector. I find this odd. Pulled the sensor and the o-ring is intact so am at a loss where the engine oil came from. Any ideas?

I'm also leaning towards an electrical problem. Ground connections and battery cables are tight. Possibly a short somewhere? Where should I even start looking?

Anyone experience this before?

Overall I'm happy with the Spark, I enjoy this more than my GTI and really want to get it running before the summer runs out....

·
Registered
319 Posts
As a technician what I would do is a basic wiggle test on the wires from the ecu to the sensor as well as testing the sensor itself before replacing any components. Seeing how the wiring harness on these machines are not very well supported in some spots the normal bouncing and pounding they take can make the wires in the harness as well as the pin connectors develop cracks and intermittant opens in the circuits. Page 31 of the EFI manual shows how to diagnose the MAPT circuits with a ohm meter. Its a dual function sensor which does pressure and temp in one. From what you are desribing my money is on a crack in the harness wires or a spead open connector in the MAPT plug. Look at the harness and see where the wires make a sharp turn and have an unsupported length that would flop around while riding .
I see there are several posts where people state that the dealer is stumped or doesnt know what to do. I am curiuos to know how well dealer training is for Seadoo.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not sure if still an issue for you. However I was having same issue I changed map sensor tested all circuits everything fine. Decided to pull thottle body low and behold there was a bunch of Styrofoam pieces. Looked like manufacturer cut Styrofoam to fit in place. There were a bunch of single pieces under breather box. It was blocking air flow to engine map sensor was out of range.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not sure if still an issue for you. However I was having same issue I changed map sensor tested all circuits everything fine. Decided to pull thottle body low and behold there was a bunch of Styrofoam pieces. Looked like manufacturer cut Styrofoam to fit in place. There were a bunch of single pieces under breather box. It was blocking air flow to engine map sensor was out of range.
View attachment 10178 View attachment 10179

View attachment 10180
Is this a seadoo spark throttle body?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes it the screen behind throttle body going to intake. I had to remove throttle body to see it. I think some call it the ribbon not sure.
[/QUOTE
Yes it the screen behind throttle body going to intake. I had to remove throttle body to see it. I think some call it the ribbon not sure.
thanks for the reply man very helpful ! My throttle body was the same way machine is back to normal. to whoever runs into this problem u will need a new hose clamp I used a 2 1/2 hose clamp to tighten it! Easy fix and definitely worth taking a look into if u are running into a problem with machine being limited to 35 mph or 6400rpm

·
Registered
3 Posts
Great I'm glad it was helpful. I spent weeks and went through replacing sensors and purchased candoo. I still couldn't figure it out. Then I finally just started at the breather box and worked towards intake.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts