SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just a bit curious. Has anyone recently used the "Build & Price" function on the Sea Doo web site? I was just up there looking up the price for my neighbor. If you click "Watercraft", the base Spark (2Up, non-HO, no iBR, no convenience package) is still listed as $4999. But if you click "Build & Price" the base Spark comes out to $6489 when you get to the screen where you can all accessories (and there's no Move II trailer anymore). I cleared my browsers history, but it still comes out to $6489. If seems odd. The fine print says that you still have to add tax, title, license, and destination charges.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I noticed this too, just yesterday I was configuring a possible build for me on a vanilla 3up and it priced out to $8,000. :(

I wonder if this is a bug with their configuration utility? Last week this same configuration was listed at $6,000. Really odd.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I bought my spark 3 weeks ago (6/6/15) and the dealer told me that there was price increase coming up in a few months. I figured he was BS'ing me as a negotiation tactic. Maybe a salesman was telling the truth?!?! Anything is possible I suppose...

All that being said, the MSRP of my ski according to Sea Doo's site is nearly $1000 more than it was when I bought it three weeks ago.
The chill shade has gone from $139 to $159.
The VTS has gone from $209 to $229.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I paid 7399 for a 3up 900HO with IBR and convenience 4 weeks ago and notice it costs 9139 on the sea doo website. I also paid 6700 for a 900HO 2up with ibr and convenience and notice that goes for 8189 now. WOW am I glad I purchased them when I did!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
DANG!...Local dealer has the 3up 900HO for 6,399, sea doo website has it for over 8K...holy **** is the sea doo website quoting after dealer fees and what not?

·
Registered
3 Posts
DANG!...Local dealer has the 3up 900HO for 6,399, sea doo website has it for over 8K...holy **** is the sea doo website quoting after dealer fees and what not?
It almost makes no sense for them to do this unless they truly are backlogged and trying to charge a premium I guess?

The basic GTS next step up from the Sparks is configuring out at almost 10k...:eek:

·
Registered
516 Posts
Supply and demand I guess. The marina I bought mine from bad a waiting list to purchase them, so they are popular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
306 Posts
I put 500$ down on a spark and the dealer told me that he garantied the price, this was before the price increase, I'm going to get it July 2th, I hope he will keep is word and give it to me with the price that was on the invoice.

I guess the fact that he accepted the down payment and told me that the price is secured via email is enough for me to go see the owner if they do not want to honor it.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I put 500$ down on a spark and the dealer told me that he garantied the price, this was before the price increase, I'm going to get it July 2th, I hope he will keep is word and give it to me with the price that was on the invoice.

I guess the fact that he accepted the down payment and told me that the price is secured via email is enough for me to go see the owner if they do not want to honor it.

I wouldn't be worried. Usually a price increase only affects new inventory. Since you put a deposit your spark would already be out of inventory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
Apparently there was not a price increase on the Sparks. It appears to have been an error/glitch on Seadoo's Website. As of this morning, the prices are back to normal and working fine. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Apparently there was not a price increase on the Sparks. It appears to have been an error/glitch on Seadoo's Website. As of this morning, the prices are back to normal and working fine. :)
Yeah, I e-mailed BRP and asked if those price increases on the webpage were legit or not. They told me to talk with a dealer. :confused:

Derp.

Thanks for posting your findings! Good to hear as it had me thinking of going for the bigger PWC's

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thank gosh. They really should leave the Spark alone as far as its price goes for now. That is the big value proposition for the Spark. It's so much more affordable than everything else. Getting rid of that just makes it another PWC.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Checked the Seadoo site and it's back to the old prices. Maybe the prices we saw are what's coming in 2016?
Hopefully it's just a glitch. I want to see lots of Sparks out there running around.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts