SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’m new to the site and I’ve never owned a pwc just fishing boats and a sailboat.
I’m looking for a boat to explore and fish on the rivers and lakes here in northern manitoba. There are rapids, small rivers and open water with probably 4 foot waves. Ive taken a kayak down some of these rapids and it seems like it would be possable on a jet ski but there are a lot of rocks and some shallow parts.
How slow will a spark plane and how shallow can you drive it ? I weight 200 pounds
Can you skip over logs or beaver dams ?
Can the hull slide over the occasional rock ?
How does the spark function in rapids ?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ride rivers here in Idaho with mine all the time. I weigh 230 and rapids are not a problem, you can sit right in the middle of one and give enough throttle to just sit there if you want to. In fact, If I couldn't ride rapids, I wouldn't own one. These hulls are pretty durable, not like fiberglass. You will scratch it, ding it, even dent it as well and keep on going. I occasionally rock the bottom of mine and have never had a problem. Now if you rock the ride plate hard enough you can break it, easily replaceable though.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, I’m new to the site and I’ve never owned a pwc just fishing boats and a sailboat.
I’m looking for a boat to explore and fish on the rivers and lakes here in northern manitoba. There are rapids, small rivers and open water with probably 4 foot waves. Ive taken a kayak down some of these rapids and it seems like it would be possable on a jet ski but there are a lot of rocks and some shallow parts.
How slow will a spark plane and how shallow can you drive it ? I weight 200 pounds
Can you skip over logs or beaver dams ?
Can the hull slide over the occasional rock ?
How does the spark function in rapids ?
Breaking

·
Registered
10 Posts
Breaking
[/SeaDoo IS A DISGRACE !! We had a brand new spark SeaDoo that handle bars broke after 2 hours on the water in the back bay. SeaDoo is NOT standing by the warranty saying it was MISUSE. The same model was recalled in 2014 for the same issue. My husband fell off and got hurt. After some legal battles with sea doo we decided to drop the case for personal injury and just want SEADOO BRP to do the RIGHT THING and fix our waverunner. It was BRAND NEW.... just picked up from SURF CITY MARINA in Surf City NJ. It was on the back bay in wildwood. Come on !!! REALLY ??? Misuse ??? SeaDoo BRP DIDN’T EVEN INSPECT THE WAVERUNNER. I will be pOSTING ALL DOCUMENT’S & photos. SeaDoo should be ashamed of themselves!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Personally I wouldn’t ride a spark in rapids, id be more inclined to get a fibergalss hull. The bottom of the spark hull is fairly thick but the sides of the hull are only a couple mill thick, especially in the vertical bow area.

You’re weight will be fine and it will get on plane easy.

The spark is capable in rough open water as long as you know how to navigate the waves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback to my questions. After more research I have decided on a Bratt Trapper mini jet boat. It's going to be more work to get it up and running and I probably we I'll not be on the water this year.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the feedback to my questions. After more research I have decided on a Bratt Trapper mini jet boat. It's going to be more work to get it up and running and I probably we I'll not be on the water this year.
Bratt jet trapper is a very cool mini boat. If your still interested in a rapid jumping, rock bashing, shallow water pwc. Our shop just finished building an aluminum Seadoo spark bottom. HD creek/river specific pwc. All stock components bolt into our new hull. Should be testing in a week or so. Good luck with the Trapper build.
Cheers,
Dannen Jenkins
Iron Aero Marine.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That thing looks awesome ! What are you doing with the heat exchangers ? Are you adding UHMW to the hull ? I have allready given Bratt a deposit and the boat is allready cut and bent. So I'm going to stick with that. Thanks, that boat looks great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Will be running a water to water exchanger, same as a mini boat. Testing side by side with a stock spark to see handling comparisons. Coating the bottom, or weld washers with umhw. Not sure yet, probably coating, trying to keep it as light as possible but still slide nice on gravel. A slightly wider delta pad and much larger intake area, should give us a quicker holeshot and better planing speed navigating the creeks.
Just hooked a guy up last week with a new trailer for his new trapper. If you need a decent proper fitting trailer, let me know. Can send you contact info.
Cheers,
Dannen Jenkins

1 - 9 of 9 Posts