SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is no one talking about this ecu? It's only $750 and claims 55 mph which sounds very strong. Has anyone heard of it or tried it? Any intel would be very appreciated. Thank you:)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Why is no one talking about this ecu? It's only $750 and claims 55 mph which sounds very strong. Has anyone heard of it or tried it? Any intel would be very appreciated. Thank you:)

This is the ECU upgrade I did to my 60... So far it went from 42mph to 50mph and 6880rpm to 7880rpm
The takeoff is slower then stock but the mid range and top end speed is nuts. They are re tuning mine again to help figure out my the take off is so slow. They also said the new tune will get me to 55mph so I'm excited to see how it comes out. Should done in the next week or so.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Everyone is talkin about the upgrades to the 60hp. What would happen if I did it to a 90hp?
Not a whole lot of difference . The so called 109 hp map just has a good hit on the bottom with pretty much the exact same top end as the HO. Your $900 is better spent on optional accesories , spare parts like wear rings or fuel. I think the 90hp may have been underrated by BRP and might have more power than they advertise.
Now if you have a 60hp then by all means tune it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The r2 tune ups the rev limiter to 8500 so you should see some top end improvement

·
Registered
81 Posts
Iam swinging 8500-8600 rpm and top end min on stock prop , that's rep-itched ...

·
Registered
81 Posts
V tech 402 8600 tune , rep-itched stock prop 4mm and flame Arrestor removed ...

Max speed with feather weight rider and 1/4 tank 54mph at 8500rpm ...

·
Registered
337 Posts
This is the ECU upgrade I did to my 60... So far it went from 42mph to 50mph and 6880rpm to 7880rpm
The takeoff is slower then stock but the mid range and top end speed is nuts. They are re tuning mine again to help figure out my the take off is so slow. They also said the new tune will get me to 55mph so I'm excited to see how it comes out. Should done in the next week or so.
I wonder if you would benefit from an impeller as well, sounds like its almost skipping, or pardon the incorrect term, too much wheel spin at launch...??

·
Registered
55 Posts
I wonder if you would benefit from an impeller as well, sounds like its almost skipping, or pardon the incorrect term, too much wheel spin at launch...??
That would be cavitation as you are describing it, typically from a worn wear ring.

The impeller will however give a more efficient use of additional power.

·
Registered
337 Posts
That would be cavitation as you are describing it, typically from a worn wear ring.

The impeller will however give a more efficient use of additional power.
YES, thats the term I was looking for ;):D Ok so not used in the right way, but thats what it seems to me that the ski is/was struggling to lay power down optimally...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts