SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the registration for my ski's and I was wondering where to purchase the lettering. I've heard that some people have had issues with the lettering sticking. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The Sea Doo set works great. I got some numbers from a local marina and they didn't hold at all.

Buy the Sea Doo numbers.

·
Registered
21 Posts
got mines for free with the purchase of the spark at the dealer. but its recommended to stick with sea-coo numbers/letters since they are made to specifically stick to the hull material

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Just picked up my ski. They didn't have a seadoo set but a regular set they told me would probably come off. What the link to buy the seadoo set?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I second the factory numbers stick pretty darn good but make sure you clean the surface first.
Thats the main thing, as long as you clean the surface off properly they will stick on really good and wont be as easy to come off over time

·
Registered
247 Posts
The Sea Doo ones are made for the Plastic hull of the Spark and are stickier to the touch!
Always clean with a isopropyl alcohol on a cloth first whenever applying a decal to get rid of any grease or residue on the plastic.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Went to put on the non seadoo stickers. They are basically falling off. I want to take it out tomorow I guess we'll see what happens

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have the black ones with the white outlines. I have extras of many numbers and letters, have most of what you need. I could look at home.

Looking for 4 copies of the letter 'H' myself in the same color scheme.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks RunItTwice, but I think I'll try the fusion paint.
I can print 3" letters by changing font size to 150.

Of course now I'll have to agonize for hours over which font
to use and then more hours cutting everything out.

Can of fusion spray paint $4.34 at Walmart.

·
Registered
40 Posts
As previously posted. I have had no problem with my numbers since the beginning of the summer.

Registration numbers...
I know this has been discussed but I wanted to share what I have learned. I brought my Spark to the custom sign shop that did the registration numbers for my boat(fiberglass hull). They said that the regular vinyl letters would not stick to the hull due to the oil residue from the molding process. He showed me how the stickers would not stick after time with sun, water and wind. I appreciated his honesty. Went to another sign shop and they said the same thing. This store recommended me to a fellow in King NC that does custom graphics for dirtbikes and atvs.

He explained the oil residue in making the plastic parts is the same as the dirtbikes and atvs. He uses a highly adhesive material (still removable with high heat ie heat gun) and has uv protection. He had me send him my favorite font selection (batman forever font) and color choices and he came up with several designs to choose from. I would highly recommend him for your numbers. He charged $25. I live local but he said he would charge around $5 for shipping. Give me a call and see what he can do for you.

Fireblade Graphics & Signs
[email protected]
336-978-0241
Attached Thumbnails

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
That's pretty good price.

I had a thread before guy's. I bought the seadoo ones and used mine and now have extra. Tell me what number and letters you need and I will send them to you for free if I have them. NON HATING OWNERS NEED TO STICK (see what I did there lol) TOGETHER!!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts