SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
That HF battery maintainer is not for AGM batteries. See page 2 or 3 of the users manual on the HF site.
Walmart.com has the Battery Tender Jr. for about $25, Delivered to a store near you!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
not bad at all, it might even be worth it to check it out on amazon, just to see if it might be a bit cheaper although for most of us $25 is nothing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I went with the Battery Tender Plus. I have both batteries out of our Sparks and in the basement. I don't have the Tender on the battery all the time. I hook them up to charge the batteries every 2 weeks.

·
Registered
916 Posts
good to know it fits out the side but seesh they could have given us more than a glory hole to work with lmao.

yup seeking. No winterizing in south FL :)

·
Registered
916 Posts
Uggg it seems like they didn't really think that side panel though. There should be an easier way to access the innards without taking the whole upper deck off. I still can't believe they think a person can clamp that one hose for towing. I'd love to say, okay Seadoo, make a video of how this can be done when you are out on the ocean riding your Spark and you break down. LOL.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Uggg it seems like they didn't really think that side panel though. There should be an easier way to access the innards without taking the whole upper deck off. I still can't believe they think a person can clamp that one hose for towing. I'd love to say, okay Seadoo, make a video of how this can be done when you are out on the ocean riding your Spark and you break down. LOL.
Sea Doos Never Break Down- But in case of the "Extremely Rare" instance it does your Credit Card and cell Phone will solve any problem for a Price?$$$

Reactions: Wrazor

·
Registered
916 Posts
Heh. Well I keep a fully charged cell phone and my BoatUs towing membership on me but I still just wonder how they expect people to clamp that hose for towing :p One of the few things they didn't think about :p

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
When I took the battery out I pulled it up straight then turned it sideways and pulled it out. Much smoother than I thought it was gonna be. Smaller hands help at this task. My dads hands were not gonna work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
next week I pick the toys up and then go fishing for the bolt I dropped then reverse the procedure to reinstalll the batteries, well it sounds easy!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Battery install
Put both bolts in the battery posts finger tight
1 remove seat, both left side covers
2 move the battery cables out of the way so the battery can slide down the body
3 move the battery strap out of the way
4 wrestle the battery into the body tilting it towards the engine to get it around the wiring
and drop it into place
5 wedge the top of the battery towards the engine
6 grab the hold down strap and pull it up stretching it up
7 hold the stretched strap with your left hand against the battery and use your right hand to thread the strap down beside the battery and hook the strap to the hold down, it may take more than one try
8 once the battery is strapped down remove the wedge and let the battery settle down into the holder
9 carefully place the cables on the battery in there positions
10 CAREFULLY undo one bolt at a time and bolt each cable down to the battery ( the bolts are NOT magnetic so if dropped they are a b$tch to get out)
11 replace covers and seat
12 open beverage of your choice or go riding!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Woot!
Backed the toys into the lake, hit the buttons, put the lanyards on and got two beeps , hit the starter me they started after 8 months of not running like they were running yesterday!
Got to love heated storage!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Both of mine sat in one of those 14'x20' garage tents. The tent didn't survive the winter but both Sparks were fine. I had pulled the batteries through the side engine access and kept both on a maintainer alternating each week. Two weeks ago I took both tops off the sparks. this worked the best for me as I got to do a good visual inspection as well as having lots of room to reinstall the batteries. Discovered one screw hole in the top hull was stripped...probably by the dealer with their power tools as they went into the sparks several times under warranty. A longer stainless screw of the same width fixed that problem. Also went with the stainless washers as most of my plastic ones were toast again by the dealer and their power tools.

Both test started fine at the house. ran great out on the water. Im so glad these things don't have carbs. Forgot to mention I used a ethanol/gas stabilizer in the fuel tank before storing for the winter. Maybe tomorrow I'll hook up the Vtech tuner....

21 - 40 of 41 Posts