Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So heres the story:

Bought ski.
Got ski home.
Show off step.
Snap.

So I decided to remove the step and did so to realize that the inner plastic piece retaining the spring broke.

Anyway i left the step off and just screwed the torx screws back into their holes without the step. Do you think there is a good enough seal to ride for an afternoon? The threads on the bolts had a gracious about of sealant still on them when removed and fit pretty tight. Any thoughts? How effective is the ski at evacuating a little water?

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you have a 3up, it dosent matter. Bolts go into the exstension, and not to the hull itself. With a 2up they go into the hull, but i think you will be fine riding around. Just dont let it sit on the water for extended periods of time... Wouldn't hurt some sealant there though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
259 Posts
The dealer didn't have a ski with the convenience package when I bought my spark so they gave me the step to install myself. I have a 2up and the screw holes were pre-drilled. The holes don't go all the way through the hull. You can remove the screws and it won't leak any water - the ski is thick plastic back there. If you want to be REALLY sure, you could put a small screwdriver or paper clip in the holes and see if they stop or go all the way through.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts