SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to pull the spark plugs and fog the cylinders as I'll have time on my hands over winter.

The Spark is hours away and I don't have as many tools as I do at home. I've watched the youtube video of removing the deck and that all seems pretty straightforward. My question is, what size of socket do I need for the spark plugs? I can't find the BRP standard plugs and rather than just guess, can someone tell me?

Thanks.

·
Registered
274 Posts
plug socket size is 5/8 inch, use the ignition coil to lift the plug out once you have it loosen off, just set the coil onto the loosened plug and lift it out. make sure you don't overtighten the plugs when you put them back in, about a quarter turn once the gasket makes contact is a "good rule of thumb"

·
Registered
247 Posts
Apply a small amount of LOCTITE 767 (ANTISEIZE
LUBRICANT) (P/N 293 800 070) on spark
plug threads then reinstall them.
Apply Antiseize lubricant on the plugs before reinstalling.

When thinking about fogging the plugs it occurred to me that I would have to lower the top (Winch in garage) close enough to connect the main electric connector OR else How would you be able to Dry Start it (Turn engine over)?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Apply a small amount of LOCTITE 767 (ANTISEIZE
LUBRICANT) (P/N 293 800 070) on spark
plug threads then reinstall them.
Apply Antiseize lubricant on the plugs before reinstalling.

When thinking about fogging the plugs it occurred to me that I would have to lower the top (Winch in garage) close enough to connect the main electric connector OR else How would you be able to Dry Start it (Turn engine over)?

just get everything done you need to then once you get the top back on hold the throttle wide open and crank it over for a couple of seconds, do your oil level inspection in the spring before you put it in the water.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Are there any different/better spark plug we can use??
I would use the stock plug- 200 hours or 2 years is when you change your plugs - would be a waste of $ to do it sooner unless you have issues with the engine running properly and then I would get a dealer to look into it .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts