SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had this broken spark come in for repair. It was broadsided from the left by another spark. Both riders went in the drink and nobody was injured. This spark was a 2018 with 15 hours on it. The owner had a rediculously high deductable so we gave a repair a shot . The fracture was several feet long going down the rib seal structure and had a couple small pieces missing. The left rear corner cover broke off and the rider grabbed it before it sunk to the bottom of the lake. I wanted it to be stronger than stock so we spent the time and did the wire mesh over the weld on both sides of the break. It took about 2 days of messing around and about $25 to repair this damage. I used the green filler rod from harbor freight to make new plastic where the pieces were missing. Where it could be seen on the outsdie I used the generic black plastic filler rod to cover the green poly filler rod. The mounting holes for the corner cover were broken off so I created new ones for those as well and reused the cover. It was actually kind of fortunate to get hit in this spot as the cover covered the whole repair and the underside weld cannot be seen unless you crawl under the ski .

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
We unbolted the top of the hull and lifted it up far enough to remove the rear deck but did not go as far as removing the steering cable and harness. With just a small scratch in the plastic Id say it turned out great. You can see a small white stress line on the orange but thats about it. So much for the myth that every crack needs a new hull. I am pretty sure I could fix any spark hull damage unless it was missing large pieces with donor plastic unavailable.

Attachments

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The nose cone of the offending spark was also broken and welded back together. I will get pic next time I see them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts