SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I "reinvent the wheel", has anyone come up with a rig (straps (each side of handle bars and then one to the back), winch, joists in the ceiling of the garage) to lift off the top of the Spark, easily? The top of the Spark doesn't weigh that much, but it is quite the challenge to lift it off and put it back on, all by yourself.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I use 4 ratchet straps....first remove seat then...I use two on front/handlebars where the lift holes are at on each side steering column and two on each side of the seat grab bars...then adjust the 4 straps to be equal to center of ski at which I use a chain hoist to lift ski straight up....place a bucket on the seat area for the chain to sit in so chain doesn't get in the way...I may later switch the chain hoist out for an electric hoist just so I don't have to deal with the bucket & chain...I have the electric hoist on my Christmas list and trying to be good so I'll get one...but that's hard for me to do... hahaha

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, thanks for writing. If you get a chance, can you post a pic of your setup? I noticed that you can buy an electric hoist on Amazon for around $110 that can lift over 400 lbs.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Bummer....I would take a picture of my setup..but.....I've already got my ski winterized and covered/wrapped for the winter....I live in GA and my riding time has gone...it was 36* last week 2 nights in a row....it'll be early Spring before I unwrap my ski...be glad to take a picture then...hopefully I'll have an electric hoist by then instead of the chain hoist :)

·
Registered
115 Posts
I strapped a plank to the bowstop tower on the trailer and laid a long plank on top og that and a fence.
It will be easier to understand it with some pictures:

I also used ratchet straps to lift it up, i placed one at the tow hook, and one in each of those dock line hooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts