1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
274 Posts
Wow, didn't see that! that could be something to look at! Brp didn't need to do it because they made the whole top come off, which really isn't too bad of a job! if I had my pick of taking the whole top off vs. the way they used to do it I would choose taking the whole top off, no more standing on your head to do what should be a very easy job (which it is now), most people that do their own work will find this useful, but for most people who don't do their own work it likely isn't going to matter.

but for me as easy as it is to remove the top I may invest in a couple!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Does this weaken the area? I dont have my spark yet so I cant look, but doesn't that require you to cut a large hole out? Otherwise it IS neat. Would be good for engine rinse.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No question for major engine work it's great to be able to remove the upper body, but for winterization I spent way more time removing and attaching the upper body than squirting oil in the cylinders. Also you would not need to do anything special to crank the engine over to coat the cylinders as the electrical connections remain intact.

I have the same questions about strength and seal. I suspect the aluminum bracket takes care of strength.I would like to get a closer look at this or better photos with more detail.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I wouldn't spend my money on this. It looks like it works and everything, I just don't think it really provides much that I have a desire for. All it does is hold a fire extinguisher, right?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wouldn't spend my money on this. It looks like it works and everything, I just don't think it really provides much that I have a desire for. All it does is hold a fire extinguisher, right?
No, it provides access to the coils and plugs, which you need to remove for winterization, without having to remove the upper body. 5 minutes job versus 20 minutes.

·
Registered
274 Posts
No question for major engine work it's great to be able to remove the upper body, but for winterization I spent way more time removing and attaching the upper body than squirting oil in the cylinders. Also you would not need to do anything special to crank the engine over to coat the cylinders as the electrical connections remain intact.

I have the same questions about strength and seal. I suspect the aluminum bracket takes care of strength.I would like to get a closer look at this or better photos with more detail.
Cranking the engine over after fogging isn't an issue, just run your fuel stabilizer through, run your antifreeze through or blow air though the exhaust what ever you prefer, pull the top off and change your oil if you want, spray your cylinders down, spray everything down with anticorrosive spray and drop the top back on crank the engine over and pull the battery.

Even with the access bracket I would still be pulling the top off once a year to get a good look at everything anyways, so as cool as it is, for me it might not be necessary, but that's just me and I just love pulling things apart!!

yes, I would imagine the bracket installed would take care of any strength issues, I would be hesitant to do it if the machine still had warranty until I talked to my dealer about it though, I would think in Brp's eyes it would void the warranty, so as long as your dealer is ok with it no problem.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Wouldn't surprise me that BRP actually do this latter ...
Hmmm, don't know if Brp would offer something like that?? they have what they claim is their driest hull ever right now, cutting the hull and relying on someone else to properly install the kit and still cover the unit under warranty....I just don't see Brp doing it.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Dont get me wrong, i like this idea. Its cool. But, its weaker because instead of a continuous structure to spread an impact, it now only has X amount of screws. The bracket wont make up for that. It would need to be an "L" bracket. Not a flat plate. That being said, you probably have bigger issues if take an impact in that area.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts