SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Riva just introduced this new product that gives really easy access to your engine without taking off the top deck. Just added to our store and it is already creating a buzz, so thought I'd share it here.

Price is $149, free shipping if you spend over $200.

http://www.pwcmuscle.com/sea-doo-spark-engine-access-kit-by-riva.html

More pictures and description on the page above.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Seemed like a good idea but not so much if I have to cut into the Spark.
I'm still giving it an honest look because my dealer said that they would still cover warranty issues... if it's not directly related to the cut hole, obviously. But if I do install this, I'll more than likely wait until the warranty is over... just to be on the safe side.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm still giving it an honest look because my dealer said that they would still cover warranty issues... if it's not directly related to the cut hole, obviously. But if I do install this, I'll more than likely wait until the warranty is over... just to be on the safe side.
BRP will only warranty the first year for the hull. Since there's a top half and a bottom half, I don't see any issue. They should have designed this from the beginning /)_-

Please let me know if you end up installing it!

·
Registered
125 Posts
It looks like a good idea. Actually, my 2 biggest questions concerning the Sea Doo's design are: why they didn't design a hatch under the seat, and why they didn't put mirrors on?

It looks like it would make it a lot easier to wash down the engine (after salt water use), apply anti-corrosion and maybe you could even change the spark plugs.

If someone tries it, hopefully they will let us know.

·
Registered
259 Posts
There's two potential reasons I see for why BRP didn't have an under seat engine access panel. It could be for the rigidity of the upper deck or more likely it was to keep the cost of the ski down.

·
Registered
165 Posts
There's two potential reasons I see for why BRP didn't have an under seat engine access panel. It could be for the rigidity of the upper deck or more likely it was to keep the cost of the ski down.
I'd say it is also to keep people that think they know that they are doing out of the engine

"I took the valve cover off for less weight" :laugh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts