6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Over the winter I did the following mods:
Riva cold air intake
Riva flame arrestor delete
Solas 12/14 prop and new OEM wear ring
Riva tune 8300rpm

Today I noticed I’m only hitting 47mph at 8050rpm. I understand the speedo isn’t that reliable but I was getting 52mph stock at 90hp.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

Over the winter I did the following mods:
Riva cold air intake
Riva flame arrestor delete
Solas 12/14 prop and new OEM wear ring
Riva tune 8300rpm

Today I noticed I’m only hitting 47mph at 8050rpm. I understand the speedo isn’t that reliable but I was getting 52mph stock at 90hp.

Any ideas?
I have had similar problems with all of the same mod plus the free flow exhaust and 8600 tune I’m not getting any top end speed. And I often get ECU faults. I don’t know what’s up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bumping this for some more info. Kind of frustrating to spend money on those mods and not see the performance everyone else is getting - or im being deceived by the rpm/speedo

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have had similar problems with all of the same mod plus the free flow exhaust and 8600 tune I’m not getting any top end speed. And I often get ECU faults. I don’t know what’s up.
I put the 8600 stage 3 on mine with the mods and didnt get much top end. I do however notice the acceleration is improved. But not by that much. Not a $2000 difference that I can see that is worth it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
that sounds frustrating. i've got an intake & delte, solas ss ring with a 12/17 impeller and i get to 51mph with no tune, full tank of gas and i weigh 210lbs.

i'm considering a tune but also think it might just be best to leave the ecu alone with the few mods i've got so far.

·
Registered
15 Posts
that sounds frustrating. i've got an intake & delte, solas ss ring with a 12/17 impeller and i get to 51mph with no tune, full tank of gas and i weigh 210lbs.

i'm considering a tune but also think it might just be best to leave the ecu alone with the few mods i've got so far.
I haven't done the waterbox yet but will be considering it this winter. The one good thing I like about it is I can literally launch out of the water. The tune let's me hit around 8400 rpm. I haven't had the opportunity to test full speed on glass water yet as my lake is very choppy. Its also a 3up

·
Registered
20 Posts
nice. on glass i think you'll easily gain 3-4mph, the chop takes quite a chunk out of the spark top speed. like i said i think i'm gonna stay away from the exhaust/waterbox upgrade cause i like how it sounds now plus i already deal with ringing in my ears when things get too loud. here in Michigan i've already got mine winterized and wrapped up for storage :cry:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts