SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I'm new here and wish I didn't have to post this. I had a rock stuck in between my impeller prop, good news is I got it out.I tried to remove the impeller grate bolts but, they just kept spinning, is this common? I ended up using an awning rod to knock it loose. I looked at the rock and it has a little gouge on the one side and something black on the other. Should I take it and try it on the water or just take it to the shop? What could've been damaged by this? I also have OTAS failure on my screen. How do I attach a picture? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hello all, I'm new here and wish I didn't have to post this. I had a rock stuck in between my impeller prop, good news is I got it out.I tried to remove the impeller grate bolts but, they just kept spinning, is this common? I ended up using an awning rod to knock it loose. I looked at the rock and it has a little gouge on the one side and something black on the other. Should I take it and try it on the water or just take it to the shop? What could've been damaged by this? I also have OTAS failure on my screen. How do I attach a picture? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
wow tough issue, take picture upload by photobucket and then use url to attach to your message

·
Registered
5 Posts
The black you see is probly pieces of your wear ring and probly caused a groove in wear ring.if you take to water your jet will probly only work in safe mode which is 5 mph..your best choice is to take to dealer and have them replace your wear ring and wear ring seal.once there is a groove water goes around impeller and you loose power.unless you are mechanically incline you can do yourself if not take to dealer..wear ring about $65.00 and wear ring seal $25.00 labor is or should be about $100.00 to $150.00. You are looking at about $185.00 to $200.00 to get it fixed by dealer..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.