SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I ran at 8050rpm for a long period of time, how long till the engine will begin to fail? I know some engines are not meant to run for a long time at high rpm what is the wot on this engine? Anybody having engine issues so far?

·
Registered
516 Posts
The engine shouldn't have any issues running the highest rpm you can push it to. The engines are limited to within their safe operating speeds. Every time my two go out the throttle is right to the bar from off load to on load.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The engine shouldn't have any issues running the highest rpm you can push it to. The engines are limited to within their safe operating speeds. Every time my two go out the throttle is right to the bar from off load to on load.

ok i wanted to ensure because my is the ho so it max out at 8050rpm, and wanted to ensure that wouldn't shorten the life to quickly. Thank you for the info:)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You will be fine as long as the ski is in the water and has a load on it. If your are jumping waves and remain on the throttle in the air that could cause problems later on down the road.
Thank you so much for this information, with some of these vtech tune will it hurt the engine as it runs higher rpm close to the 9k rpm?

·
Registered
516 Posts
With any aftermarket accessory you are running the engine outside of its original specifications so there will be increased wear. But that being said there are lots of people out there running some aggressive tunes for many hours and have had 0 issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good Answer

You will be fine as long as the ski is in the water and has a load on it. If your are jumping waves and remain on the throttle in the air that could cause problems later on down the road.
serpent710 is correct!! Your sweet spot with a V-Tech tune should be about 8200 RPM.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
serpent710 is correct!! Your sweet spot with a V-Tech tune should be about 8200 RPM.
at this rpm what should i expect in velocity(speed) my 90hp is currently running at 8050 so 150+rpm i should expect? I am really curious not sure if spending on the maptuner is worth it at the moment still deciding:laugh:

·
Registered
7 Posts
at this rpm what should i expect in velocity(speed) my 90hp is currently running at 8050 so 150+rpm i should expect? I am really curious not sure if spending on the maptuner is worth it at the moment still deciding:laugh:
What Impeller are you running? Stock/Solas and what pitch? I have been hearing that a 12/15 pitch will yield higher rpm's for better hole shot.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
What Impeller are you running? Stock/Solas and what pitch? I have been hearing that a 12/15 pitch will yield higher rpm's for better hole shot.
none, just stock still looking around and researching. I have read that some people have solas impeller to stocks that when they are run by each other there is no difference. So i am not sure where the true money would make me satisfy yet. No true clarity. any suggestion

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.