SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a bad first impression here and I apologize.

I am however hearing some scary advice from some members. People who are going to ignore the recall and ride through the end of summer knowing the steering, the handle bars could fall off the Sparks at any time!

Would any of you put your children in a car that was recalled by GM from ignition switch issues where many have died?

I am not happy about the recall but we will not ignore it! We will also not ride the sparks again until the problem is fixed to our satisfaction and we are guaranteed it is fixed for our safety and the safety of our loved ones who may ride them in future!

Sorry again for the belly aching. These were our first brand new jet skis and we did not expect this as the used ones we had in the past lasted much longer without any issues!

·
Registered
289 Posts
That makes sense from a cautious perspective, but once its fixed I don't think you have much to worry about. Everything has risk .You have to accept that especially with things like water sports.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
I see both sides of these views. I took the risk riding it, it broke and I was able to let go before anything serious happened. I was able to make my way back to the ramp (due to various experience), I made it but it was most definetly a challenge I would not like to do again. On the other side of the spectrum I could not imagine this happening to someone who isnt very experienced (The market these sparks were intended for) there is no way the average rider would have made it back to the dock. This is a major issue that cannot be ignored. I had the same views before, ride it now and fix it later, but its all fun and games till it actually breaks on you and your out of a ski for awhile.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I guess I have a great piece of safety equipment: a second spark. I also don't go out alone. If something goes wrong, I have an onsite tow truck ready to get me back to shore.

I would not let a kid drive it, But I would ride gently with a kid on it.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I guess I have a great piece of safety equipment: a second spark. I also don't go out alone. If something goes wrong, I have an onsite tow truck ready to get me back to shore.

I would not let a kid drive it, But I would ride gently with a kid on it.
Not going out alone is probably one of the best things to do, at least if something happens, someone is their to help or to get help. Timing is everything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts