SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

Scratches / Barnacle damage

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  James64 
#1 ·
So I went out over the holiday last week, and tied off my spark to a dock for 3 days while we were at the hotel. With the tide and swells and wakes, it got scratched up a bit from barnacles and such. Now I'm not worried about the look of it, and I know it didn't do structural damage. As I always say, life happens.

The question I have is now my plastic is a bit rough and peeling where it was scraped. Has anyone filed/sanded down the plastic on their spark? If so, what did you use and what were the results? I just want to use something as mild as I can to smooth it out.

#2 ·
The wake of a big boat pushed me into barnacles. The front bumper of my Spark got scraped up. That part can be purchased for $59. Whether you try heat or sand the plastic, it will change the texture. I sanded mine with 320 and then 400 wet/dry sandpaper (wet). I taped off a symmetrical pattern so that it wouldn't look so bad. I'm fine with it. I could just replace it, I could sand and paint the whole part, or I could just use it (which I will do when I get it back).

The hull is about 6.5 mm thick. I'd probably leave any small scratches on the hull alone.

Hope that helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.