Should I try epoxy?

·
Registered
274 Posts

I cant get my two rear bolts in at the back of the ski
Seems like whoever put it assembled the ski originally was a bit rough
Its hard to see without much light but I think the thread is f'ed

Should I try epoxy?
are you talking about the two at the back just below the rear grab handle that go into the top deck?
if so there is a support under the deck that the bolts screw into and it is likely knocked out of place, if it is the threads that are messed up some of those holes have inserts that can be replaced, it would help to add more of a description of where the holes are located....there are a bunch of "bolts at the back of the ski"
also some of the holes that thread into plastic can be drilled though and install a longer bolt with a nut and washer just like the sides of the deck

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
are you talking about the two at the back just below the rear grab handle that go into the top deck?
if so there is a support under the deck that the bolts screw into and it is likely knocked out of place, if it is the threads that are messed up some of those holes have inserts that can be replaced, it would help to add more of a description of where the holes are located....there are a bunch of "bolts at the back of the ski"
also some of the holes that thread into plastic can be drilled though and install a longer bolt with a nut and washer just like the sides of the deck
Tried to add a picture but seems like it didn't work

It was the support - it moved on one side

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hate to bump old threads but I have the same problem. My rear 2 screws on the top deck (right by the rear grab handles) won't screw in. Unfortunately I already have the top deck put back together and the ski is now on the dock in the marina, so I REALLY (emphasize: REALLY) don't want to remove the top deck again to put the support back into place. Is it dangerous to drive the ski with only those 2 screws not properly secured? Can I just cover them so water can't seep in? Is there another fix like perhaps threading nylon rope in and screwing the screw into that??

·
Registered
24 Posts
I hate to bump old threads but I have the same problem. My rear 2 screws on the top deck (right by the rear grab handles) won't screw in. Unfortunately I already have the top deck put back together and the ski is now on the dock in the marina, so I REALLY (emphasize: REALLY) don't want to remove the top deck again to put the support back into place. Is it dangerous to drive the ski with only those 2 screws not properly secured? Can I just cover them so water can't seep in? Is there another fix like perhaps threading nylon rope in and screwing the screw into that??
Those holes are for the rear support brace. It gets knocked out of place sometimes when removing top. You really should get the brace back into place before riding. The plastic support is probably resting on the muffler which is hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Those holes are for the rear support brace. It gets knocked out of place sometimes when removing top. You really should get the brace back into place before riding. The plastic support is probably resting on the muffler which is hot.

So I took a look today through the starboard-side engine dipstick cover, the support doesn't appear to be resting on the muffler rather it is just shifted out of place where it's not lining up for the screws. Perhaps I can try to push it into place with a long screw driver but it looks a bit tight in there.. Do you think it would be okay to cover the 2 screws with electrical tape to prevent water seeping in through the screw hole? Really dreading having to take off the top deck while its on a floating dock in the marina haha, maybe I can just remove the rear deck and hit it from behind?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don’t know if it’s ok or not. It is structural support for the back of the seat and rear deck. I have never ridden or tried to board from the water, without the support in place.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.