SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two weeks ago I bought a 2014 Sea Doo Spark from a private seller (paid AUD$4500) with 176hrs.. After my first ride, When I take of water the ski I saw a lot of water came out from drain.... Today my mechanic send a quote for fix the problem with the leak on shaft (something like that, to be a honest, I’m not speak very well english on phone) with ridiculous value for fix it AUD$4000 (almost another ski)... I would like know if someone has fix it by yourself and if did can help me with that for put my new toy on the water asap... Thanks a lot mates

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Two weeks ago I bought a 2014 Sea Doo Spark from a private seller (paid AUD$4500) with 176hrs.. After my first ride, When I take of water the ski I saw a lot of water came out from drain.... Today my mechanic send a quote for fix the problem with the leak on shaft (something like that, to be a honest, I’m not speak very well english on phone) with ridiculous value for fix it AUD$4000 (almost another ski)... I would like know if someone has fix it by yourself and if did can help me with that for put my new toy on the water asap... Thanks a lot mates
Your seals have worn due to the PTO shaft getting corrosion. Happened to mine and got my mechanic to make a modification so now I do not have to take the engine out as on a 2014 the crankshaft is attached to the PTO as one unit whereas 2015 onwards they made it two piece.

Get it done properly, expect to have this done every 3-5 years as maintenance.

Also the seals on the heat exchange plates will go at some stage, it is a silicone which errodes after time, mine just resealed after 4 years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Forgot to mention, iit cost me $1800 NZD to have my seals and shaft fixed.
$450 for the new sealing around exchange plates.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much for reply my post mate..
On Saturday another mechanic will check my jetski ... I'm in Australia (Sydney), could you give me the contact of your mechanic? ... Maybe if my mechanic doesn't know what to do, talking to his mechanic he can fix it this just like yours.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys, Today I received the budget for my jetski, and below is what needs to be redone according to the mechanic, he is charging me an amount of AUD $ 4000 for the service and parts (I paid AUD $ 4500 on the jetski), if someone has another way for me fix it or tips on how to make it cheaper, I appreciate it.

• ENGINE REAR PTO SEAL LEAKING ENGINE OIL
  • PTO SEALS LEAKING WATER INTO HULL
  • CRANKSHAFT REPAIR REQUIRED TO FIX
  • JET PUMP BEARINGS REPLACEMENT
  • CORROSION IN FUSE BOX - REPAIR
If anyone have another way for make this repair cheap I'm really appreciate that.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
2 Posts
If only are the bellows, should not expensive, You can replace them yourself, I've done it. you only need buy the 3 bellows (2 for water P/N: 420450165 and 1 for oil P/N: 420850220) the price for them are around 70 U$S. originals or similar for around 30 U$S.

Other wise, if the problem is on the shaft you need check with your mechanic if its posible fix it or its necesary its change.

good luck.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have a leak, in one of my sparks, but I cant find how the water is entering the spark... How can I test that this is the issue?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you so much for reply my post mate..
On Saturday another mechanic will check my jetski ... I'm in Australia (Sydney), could you give me the contact of your mechanic? ... Maybe if my mechanic doesn't know what to do, talking to his mechanic he can fix it this just like yours.
I am in Wellington New Zealand so I dont think you should have your ski fixed here !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey guys, Today I received the budget for my jetski, and below is what needs to be redone according to the mechanic, he is charging me an amount of AUD $ 4000 for the service and parts (I paid AUD $ 4500 on the jetski), if someone has another way for me fix it or tips on how to make it cheaper, I appreciate it.

• ENGINE REAR PTO SEAL LEAKING ENGINE OIL
  • PTO SEALS LEAKING WATER INTO HULL
  • CRANKSHAFT REPAIR REQUIRED TO FIX
  • JET PUMP BEARINGS REPLACEMENT
  • CORROSION IN FUSE BOX - REPAIR
If anyone have another way for make this repair cheap I'm really appreciate that.
Thanks guys
I have had all that done exluding the fuse box but new plugs on wiring harness and the heat exchange plates silicon replaced. That was a total of$2400 NZ

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a leak, in one of my sparks, but I cant find how the water is entering the spark... How can I test that this is the issue?
Fill the hull with water with garden hose and see where it is coming out.
If it is not leaking anywhere obvious then it could be the seals or one of the hoses on the maifold.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts