SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just bought this ski with 36 hrs on it and for the first id say 3 hrs we had no problems everything ran fine. But then we started having problems, the ski at first would run when i first started driving it that day then about 10 minutes later after riding with a friend the ski started to have no power in the engine for a short time , so what im saying is i would be driving normal cruising around 30 then all of a sudden power would cut for like half a second and then the more i rid it the more often it would have those hiccups in the engine till a check engine light came on and it turned off on me while i was riding and it wouldn't start so my friend had to tow me back to the house. So we didn't realize that whole tank we put in the day before had ethonal in the gas so we thought it had to do something with the ethonal collecting water in the gas and when the gas would fire the water thats what those hiccups were . So we bought non-ethonal gas and put that in and there was still some ethonal gas in it that we had not ran out yet still in the tank . So we put STA-BIL 360 Marine Ethanol Treatment and Fuel Stabilizer - Prevents Corrosion in it that we thought would help stable the fuel and the water in it . Then we ran that whole tank out over time because in the first 10 minutes it runs fine then it start that and then and whole new non-ethonal tank was put in it and it is still having the same issue. So we are not sure if that is acutal the problem or it is something else. PLEASE HELP!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.