SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a dumb question, is the fob that is used as the key coded to each spark?
first PWC so I have a learning curve

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have the same question

I have the same question as you, I faintly remember hearing in a video that they are coded to each machine but I am not 100% on that.

This is going to be my first pwc as well, I am waiting for my 3up pineapple to be built.... I am supposed to get it late may(just in time for saskatchewan summer to start:))

·
Registered
337 Posts
I wasn't able to confirm directly about the Spark but I did find this on BRPs website:

Most 2015 Ski-Doo sleds feature a new Digitally Encoded Security System (DESS) key/tether with Radio Frequency (RF) technology. Its ball and socket design ensures solid, consistent contact.
If they're using it for the sleds i imagine they're using it for the skis....

but I'm just a fisherman who don't know nothing :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm just wondering if I leave it on the beach overnight at camp can someone just come along with a key fob from another seadoo and ride off with mine, guess I'll find out when I get them . I'll try the other key on mine to see if it fires up

·
Registered
430 Posts
I'm just wondering if I leave it on the beach overnight at camp can someone just come along with a key fob from another seadoo and ride off with mine, guess I'll find out when I get them . I'll try the other key on mine to see if it fires up
keep us updated.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just checking on another forum and they said the sparks are just a magnetic cap that will start every other spark out there , so basically no security according to what I read it can be started with a small magnet in a bottle cap! Hmm where is that length of ship anchor chain?
Don

·
Registered
16 Posts
It's just a magnet. Fired mine up with a pencil screwdriver lol. Not sure y they didn't use the dess system?! But guess there will be quite a few stolen :(

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Back to the anchor chain

·
Registered
104 Posts
I am going to add a Keyed ON/OFF switch in the "glove box". It will be connected to the wires coming out of the switch post. When I am going to leave the Spark overnight or feel the need to "lock it up" all I will need to do is turn the key to the off position and the magnet will no longer work. I will try to put up some pictures when I complete the job. I have the components I just need the time to complete the job.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Or you could put a magnetic reed switch under the glove box somewhere and then just have a magnet that you put in the glove box to start it. that would stop any thieves from finding a switch.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Awesome key install, can you share more details on this?
I got the switch from my lock locksmith. I think it was $20.00. I cut one of the wires coming from the Seadoo shut off knob and wired it through the switch. really pretty easy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts