SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I have a seadoo spark 90.
It's a 2013 with 65 hours on the clock. On the weekend I was out in the ocean and it just cut out on me with no warnings or anything. I was a bit worried and fired it back up and beelined back to the beach then after about 200 metres it stopped again and that was it. Ive had the starter motor out and tested and thats sweet. Took all plugs out and it still wont turn over. When I hit the start it just goes sort of clunk. Any suggestions as I am a little worried. I live 1000kms from any jetski mechanics.

· Registered
39 Posts
Hi all I have a seadoo spark 90.
It's a 2013 with 65 hours on the clock. On the weekend I was out in the ocean and it just cut out on me with no warnings or anything. I was a bit worried and fired it back up and beelined back to the beach then after about 200 metres it stopped again and that was it. Ive had the starter motor out and tested and thats sweet. Took all plugs out and it still wont turn over. When I hit the start it just goes sort of clunk. Any suggestions as I am a little worried. I live 1000kms from any jetski mechanics.
Remove the top deck, plug this harness in that you can buy from me, and you will be able to check everything.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321888079230?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

· Registered
164 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions I have checked fuses. It's getting power the clunk is the engine I think. Its like it is seized solid.
Check battery voltage, Did it manage to suck in water though the intake?

Try spinning the PTO manually and see if that is possible, Check your oil filter for metal bits

The clunk you are hearing is likely the starter throwing out the gear to mesh with the flywheel, but for whatever reason it can't turn the engine over. I'd do a battery test as well just to make sure it's getting a decent amount of amps.

keep us posted!

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got a call from the mechanic today He said good and bad news. Good news was engines not seized. Bad news is the jet pump seal let water threw and all the bearings are seized in there. So I'm pretty happy that it shouldn't be as expensive as I first thought.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.