SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am very interested on the spark and deciding between a 2up or 3up.

Thinking of going 3up tho.

Just wondering if what I am reading is true.

Does it actually cost about 10$ an hour to run??? My previous one (Seadoo Wake 155) was about 25-30 per hour.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hi all,

I am very interested on the spark and deciding between a 2up or 3up.

Thinking of going 3up tho.

Just wondering if what I am reading is true.

Does it actually cost about 10$ an hour to run??? My previous one (Seadoo Wake 155) was about 25-30 per hour.

at full throttle i can ride my jetski for about 1 hr, so it all depends on your ride that can measure up your economy on fuel(i have a 2up, i would have gone 3 up with ibr knowing its easier to have one more person at this rate and avoid going through the installation for a manual reverse-each user as advised)>:D

·
Registered
196 Posts
I get 3 hours of continuous full throttle running with a 3-up 90 hp. If I'm just playing around varying throttle I can almost run all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
so you are stating at three hours at full throttle, that means you atleast ride of a distance in mph because it would be hard to tell on knots, but roughly 100 to 150 mile of distance and this is not factoring weather conditions.
seems a little bit odd i believe

·
Registered
516 Posts
The only time I can ride full throttle is in perfect weather conditions. As soon as there is chop on the river it's impossible to ride full throttle for any amount of time because the spark is too rough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
319 Posts
When we ride its for about 2 to 2.5 hours doing about the same tour through our local lake /river system with a half hour break in between. On my 1992 polaris sl750 I would burn through most of its 11 gallons of gas in that run. On my spark I can do the same run 3 times on one 8 gallon tank of fuel . My wife has a 90hp and she can go at least 4 times on a tank of fuel. She still averages 1.5 gph while Im at 2.5gph. I will be trying out e85 maps so Im economy will go in the toilet with that fuel. Now if it would stop snowing and warm up we could start riding again. 31 degrees this morning:crying:

·
Registered
379 Posts
The spark uses the least fuel of anything out there expect it to use half or a third of what your use to depending on what you riding now.

examples I had the following

Seadoo 97XP 1KM /L 800cc
Honda R12 2.3 KM /L 1235cc
Spark 4.5KM /L 900cc

I have friends that have the big super charged ski yes they go really fast but get a little over 1KM /L

·
Registered
30 Posts
We took ours out for the first time last weekend. The 2015 was brand new and it now has 2.5 hours on the clock. We filled after before and after, took 4 gallons to refill it. $10.89. We were riding pretty hard

·
Registered
7 Posts
We took ours out for the first time last weekend. The 2015 was brand new and it now has 2.5 hours on the clock. We filled after before and after, took 4 gallons to refill it. $10.89. We were riding pretty hard
That's pretty well what I'm getting with two riders running full out for 2 hours. Cost is more, about $15...I'm in Canada. lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.