SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the success of the spark, I feel Seadoo should come out with the next iteration with the performance version Spark X. They could source their proven 4 tec 1200 snowmobile engine that is a 3 cylinder and about the same size as the 900 ace. Puts out 130hp stock. (v-tech could pull another 25hp out of it)
Add some BNG's, a beefier pump with nylon wear ring like an RXP, trim tab extensions, etc. I say drop the 60hp all together and make the 90hp the entry level spark with the Spark X as the upmarket model. Price it in the $6,500-6,900 range base and they will sell them out. Hey Seadoo.. are you listening?
http://www.brp-powertrain.com/en/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-229/367_read-341/

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Definitely something they can make happen, just a matter of if and when. For all we know they might be waiting on some competition to be on track to coming out with something and then take action on an idea like this for the spark... just to stay ahead in the game.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Seadoo always have a bigger power plant in the back ground ...

It will just be time ...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Id like to see the hull get about 25 percent smaller for lighter weight which would negate the move to a bigger engine. (the trap that got jet skis into the bigger ,huger ,expensive ,unaffordable machine we have had for the last 10 years) This would also increase its ability to for more tricks and a machine for just one person which a spark should be. I find the spark a bit too bouyant and stable for its size. It would be more fun to throw around if you could get the nose in the water.
Since they went out of their way to electronically detune the 90hp engine to 60hp that should be dropped and keep the $4999 price point fo the base model as a 90hp. Even just reprogramming the machine as a 60hp for cruise mode and 90hp for sport would be fine. And it should stay in the mode you want so you dont have to keep switching sport on every time it gets restarted. thats just lazy programming.

·
Registered
274 Posts
With the success of the spark, I feel Seadoo should come out with the next iteration with the performance version Spark X. They could source their proven 4 tec 1200 snowmobile engine that is a 3 cylinder and about the same size as the 900 ace. Puts out 130hp stock. (v-tech could pull another 25hp out of it)
Add some BNG's, a beefier pump with nylon wear ring like an RXP, trim tab extensions, etc. I say drop the 60hp all together and make the 90hp the entry level spark with the Spark X as the upmarket model. Price it in the $6,500-6,900 range base and they will sell them out. Hey Seadoo.. are you listening?
http://www.brp-powertrain.com/en/desktopdefault.aspx/tabid-229/367_read-341/
how about an 1330cc four stroke 3 cylinder ace engine?
they are already making one for the Spyders. With the other stuff on it your adding it will be well over $7000 for sure...nice dream and I am sure they have already thought of it and are working on it! I say they call it the Spark E! lol!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Do you think that Seadoo would actually build a better performing Spark? It could be a good seller, but I question if that is what Seadoo wants to do with the Spark. Isn't the whole point to make it affordable? I'm not sure if making a better performing model would fit in with that. I think that they would rather sell performance upgrades separately as they would probably make more money that way anyway.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I don't expect a higher performing Spark in the near future. I think they will just stick with the base one for now. Perhaps in the future they could do it. In that case it would be a better performing Spark but still at a lower price. I think that the defining characteristic of the Spark is that it is accessible.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I don't expect a higher performing Spark in the near future. I think they will just stick with the base one for now. Perhaps in the future they could do it. In that case it would be a better performing Spark but still at a lower price. I think that the defining characteristic of the Spark is that it is accessible.
If anything they're better off with keeping it at the stage it's at currently, doing minimal improvements when needed.......then when things slow down, come out with something significant.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Minor improvements for the model year but not a whole new version. If they did do a better performing version, it should be affordable still. I think that is the most important thing about the Spark.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Even making the 90hp map the base and a 100 hp H.O. model would be fine . What you need to realize is the hull is a smooth water design not made for high speeds in chop. You would need 150 to 175 hp to really get these things to the high speeds of the enormous machines and when it does you will be seeing serious structural problems when run in any kind of rough water at speed . Ive tried riding at full speed on a big lake on a windy day and I can say it was no fun. If it went 15mph faster Im sure I would have crashed. The seacows I was riding with just blasted right on through the rough stuff which is what they were made for.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts