SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and gals. I'm hoping you will be able to help me figure out what's going on. I recently pulled the lid off of my 3up spark and did a full service and wash of the thing including new spark plugs and a new battery. I also installed a Garmin chart plotter, but that's besides the point. I ran it a few times for a total of about 4 hours over the past week, and then again today and all seemed fine. It seemed like it was running just fine today besides bogging down a bit because I ran it through some weeds and plugged up the jet intake, but after I cleared that it was fine. When I eventually cut power to the motor and let it sit for about a minute it started having issues. When I went to turn it back on it refused to start and gave me a check engine light. We let it sit for about 5 minutes and when we tried again it gave us a check engine light again, and it seemed like it tried to turn over a couple of times, but then nothing. About 30 minutes later, we tried again and this time there is nothing going on at all, as in nothing on the display, no sounds, and no response from the engine. I checked the battery and it's reading 12.5v, I checked all of the connections, and all of the fuses. I'm at a loss right now because it seems like there's a dead battery, but that's fine. Also, the coolant and oil levels are both fine and there was no water in the bilge.

Sorry for the long post, but hopefully you'll be able to help!

·
Registered
24 Posts
99% probability that your starter relay just quit. extremely easy fix. $9 part at your Seadoo dealer. There is a square, black relay that sits next to your fuses on the fuse board. Just replace and your jetski should start normally. Just pull up on it and it should slide right out of the slot. If you are pushing the starter and nothing happens at all, this is usually the culprit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts