SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I load my Spark myself and have to tie it off while I get trailer. I put on side protectors & bumpers (which I recommend) but still have rubbed the cement at the launch a little when pulling it on the trailer. Of course I now have what I call dock rash which is driving me crazy because I like things to be nice.

Any tricks to loading by yourself & does
Anyone have any ideas on repairing or rubbing out scratches on side from dock?

·
Registered
114 Posts
i recently made a repair with heat. dont do it unless absolutely necessary.
Like wrench4fun says it makes the area around the repair a bit shiny and the repaired area looks different then the rest, texture wise. i needed to make the repair as the scratch was a gouge and i was worried it would come through 100 percent. it worked but it is shiny and you can see the repair clearly. I made about 4 quick passes over the gouge with a small propane torch

·
Registered
379 Posts
i recently made a repair with heat. dont do it unless absolutely necessary.
Like wrench4fun says it makes the area around the repair a bit shiny and the repaired area looks different then the rest, texture wise. i needed to make the repair as the scratch was a gouge and i was worried it would come through 100 percent. it worked but it is shiny and you can see the repair clearly. I made about 4 quick passes over the gouge with a small propane torch

can you post a photo of repair how good does it work ??
as for the shiny area would a quick rub with sand paper fix that ?

·
Registered
114 Posts

It was rather difficult to keep heat even on a small area but the gouge was really bad I probably will reheat and use a smooth object to smooth it out

·
Registered
379 Posts

It was rather difficult to keep heat even on a small area but the gouge was really bad I probably will reheat and use a smooth object to smooth it out

Looks good to me I think strength is better than looks good to me thanks for photo.

I think a quick sand will fix shinny part.
Did the haul melt easy to fix the gouge

·
Registered
114 Posts
It melted really easy 4 passes with the torch and I used my finger to fill it in a little. What grit paper were you thinking?

·
Registered
274 Posts
It melted really easy 4 passes with the torch and I used my finger to fill it in a little. What grit paper were you thinking?

be carful with the sand paper, what I usually find with something like that the more you mess with it the worse it looks! I think sanding it will attract your eyes to it even more!

·
Registered
114 Posts
That's what I was thinking too maybe a brief light wet sand but I'm probably just going to keep it and be happy it's more strengthened than it was thanks

·
Registered
916 Posts
That sucks. I know how you feel. The nose of mine has a couple tiny scratches on it from them moving it around at the Marina. It happened with the ski was about a week old. Not a big deal but like you said, like things to be nice.

The Spark shop manual also says to heat the plastic.

Is it in a place you can put a decal or a name for your vessel?
Sometimes a cover up decoration is better than messing with something and making it worse. I wish you luck either way :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
My sparks are all scuffed up from the docks and stuff. Both the black hulls and the colored plastic tops. I figure it makes them looked loved. I don't want to worry about them, I want to ride them!

·
Registered
1 Posts
scratches

mine its the same too but i wont worry much now...i will use it and if gets scratch then so be it...but when comes time for sale then i will take that part to a shop they will refill the scratches and paint over will look like new again ...probably a not so good shop will cost you about $150 to 200$ but i will do it only once!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts