SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
....towing my Spark on a Karavan single trailer with 4.80 x 12 wheel/tire combo and torsion suspension. MAX pressure IAW Karavan is 60 lbs/tire COLD. Nowhere though can I find a "factory recommended" tire pressure for this combo? Just wondering what is "proper"? I initially set at 50 lbs (cold) but, still thinking this may be a bit much.:confused:

(Running 38 psi cold at 68'F on the Jeep Wrangler 17" stockers)

Thoughts?

FACTS? what's the proper #?

Thanx

BTW, couple of "tabs" broke on my LH access door today on first ride out after opening it several times to acquaint myself w/ what's in there, locating the water hose - in case I have to tow, check the coolant, battery, etc., yada..Imagine I'll call dealer Tuesday for a replacement. :mad:

Otherwise, I LOVE the ride, the 60HP Pinanpple unit is fine handling/power w/ my GF aboard too - all 94 lbs of her , maybe 99 soaked in wetsuit :) :D and my 160~ ish in front. Glad this thing is relatively QUIET! Top speed was 43 mph. Ran beautifully on 87 octane grocery store gas w/ 10% alcohol. Awaiting the manual reverse (on backorder). It will be a nice touch but, Spark stops/handles so well anyway. 3mph idle. Only regret were the accessory "mats" for traction. The accesory mats are probably not really needed and $100~ would be better spent on gasoline probably:) .Glad I got the "bumpers", both the ones attached to the Spark sides and the orange bulbous ones for dockside as well. The boarding step is nice especially when fatigued. The storage unit up front is handy and needed. The Sea Doo registration numbers stick well and ARE worth the cost vice hassle. Compartment under seat hold a bullet thermos nicely :) since the gas tank is just below, in case of fire, I'm jumpin off and swimming and will let the insurance buy another. No way I'm hangin on and reachin' for a fire extinguisher while sitting on 8 gals~ of gasoline fumes. I swim well! :) Spark needs a "notch or cut" into the storage hood for the mooring rope to tuck into the compartment tightly though. You need gloves with the handlebar grips or the skin will be irritated. Any "wax as you dry" product makes the Sparky look sharp and is cheap/easy to apply.;)

Purchased a 50ft "as seen on TV expanding hose" and washing it down in the street after a ride and flushing the exhaust is easy cheesy. Glad the flush kit was ordered and installed. The hose comes with a on/off valve that makes one man flushing simple. 60-75 seconds at idle flushing it out then about 5-6 seconds at up to 5K~ rpm w/ water off to blow it out. All done.:D

Anyway, just wondering about the trailer tire pressures.

thanx in advance...:)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, but, gotta wait until my dealer files the paperwork, the Spark is registered at BPR and then BPR sends me a cover, THAT could be a month? Rather not have the inside get wet in the meantime as two tabs have broke off...

·
Registered
247 Posts
If Karavan Says 60 Use 60 Pounds. The tire pressure Max should also be on the side of the tire!!!
My Triton states 90 PSI and I keep it a 85.
Going down Tooo Much like 50 on 60 PSI tire will make it heat up More and Put more strain on the trailer bearings because it has More resistance to rolling freely.

AMA (Americam Motorcycle association) Has Free towing for 35 Miles for Cars, Motorcycles, and Trailers Like your Jet Ski Trailer via Flatbed if Necessary. Its $50 a year and you get the free towing if you sign up for automatic renewals via CC. You can quit anytime you want and Its a Great Price considering they just don,t take you to the nearest service station-You can request to go 35 Miles anywhere or to your home. Check out their website

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got towing/assist inc w/ my USAA ins, ....yes MAX pressure on the tire is 60lbs for about 1200 lbs...seems awful bouncy for just the Spark! Seems (just like a passenger tire) that proper wear/handling is something below that # tho...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
going w/ max on sidewall per talking w/ several tire dealers who do lots of trailer tires and lotsa Google articles...50lbs cold @ 68'F and max 65 mph it is! (Though I tend to drive right at 2K rpm - 60 mph anyway, which is the max interstate speed in WA towing...) :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
going w/ max # on sidewall per talking w/ several tire dealers who do lots of trailer tires and reading lotsa Google articles...60lbs cold @ 68'F and max 65 mph it is! (Though I tend to drive right at 2K rpm - 60 mph anyway, which is the max interstate speed in WA towing...) :)
Another issue "solved" LoL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts