SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I have owned my 2 up spark for only 4 weeks now and it's only just been properly run in. 5 hours on the clock and today I took it out on the loch. Jumped a small wave and when I landed and put the power down the handle bars just snapped. The dealer I bought it off isn't open just now but I have seen on this forum it's a common problem. Does the warranty always cover this and is there anything being done to make sure it doesn't happen again? I will upload pics just now. Apart from this nightmare today I'm loving my spark it's great fun but looking at the handles they are just plastic and surely should be something more substantial for the weight or the watercraft?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I don't know how to post the pics up but it's totally snapped at the bottom of the handlebars. Gutted as I have only just bought it and worried it's not gonna get covered by warranty but surely it will be? Lucky I wasn't too far out from shore

·
Registered
61 Posts
That should be covered. I broke them on a Harley once and they replaced the right away.

Reactions: xdrian

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'd like to see this. Upload your image at postimage.org - no account or sign in needed - then copy the link. Click on the Insert Image icon in the Quick Reply box in this forum thread and paste the link.

·
Registered
51 Posts
And if your not confident with the stock plastic handlebars I know you can get some aftermarket metal ones. A bunch of guys use them of wave jumping in places like California. Although I have landed pretty hard some times and my handlebars have held up, so you may of just gotten a defect.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.