SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am not really worried about the speed or get up of the ski. But how comfortable is the 2 person with well, 2 people. My biggest worry is tipping and trying to get back on from the water. Anyone have any personal experiences. Would like to see if I can make the 2 person work for me.

Also, I have a price on a 2016 for 6900 (3up, no IBR). So they are charging MSRP, no freight or assembly, Taxes, and Registration.

Gonna try to get a better price on a 2015 tomorrow, if I can.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
379 Posts
As any ski a 2up makes a great 1up and a 3up makes a great 2up
Any brand of ski
If you are going to do a lot of 2 people rides get the 3up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hello,

I am not really worried about the speed or get up of the ski. But how comfortable is the 2 person with well, 2 people. My biggest worry is tipping and trying to get back on from the water. Anyone have any personal experiences. Would like to see if I can make the 2 person work for me.

Also, I have a price on a 2016 for 6900 (3up, no IBR). So they are charging MSRP, no freight or assembly, Taxes, and Registration.

Gonna try to get a better price on a 2015 tomorrow, if I can.

Thanks!!!
For two definitely get 3 up, unfortunately i got the 2 up and definitely does not accommodate my wife and i.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a 3up and weigh 230lbs, I had to pick up somebody around 190lbs and I have to say, with the two of us it was quite unstable. We both fell off at one point, that was the first time I had done a deep water reboard, which was easy with my knee on the reboarding step.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
I think it depends on the size and the experience of the rider. I own a 2-up and me my girlfriend go out a lot. It is fine in turns and acceleration. We can even swap spots right in the middle of the water if she wants drive. Guess it would depend on the people.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Decided to take the leap and bought the 2015 3up. I had a pretty decent price from a Yamaha dealer but potential gas savings sold me. Always wonder if the price will go back up.

Full convince and IBR package. Trailer. 8300 out the door.
Includes a 5 yr warranty.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I ride my 2-up with my girlfriend all the time. It works great, is stable, great handling, and performance... no problems reboarding.

I am 180lbs, she is about 145lbs.

·
Registered
307 Posts
we have a 2 up but use it mainly as a 1up ski.
when we do ride 2 up as long as you're not doing massive turns really tightly you're fine.

but we like to try to throw ourselves off - my brother is an expert now at flicking him & his wife off the ski lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
We have two 2-ups and mine is used by everyone! With the added step up, we have very few issues w/2 riders after getting tossed. First one on needs to stand for balance purposes but rarely any issues re-boarding.

I'm a solid 230lbs and have had a friend that weighs 200+ and have had few issues, until you're exhausted and it takes some work.

I wish I would've got the 3 up but am happy with what we have with the 2x2-ups

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.