SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a non-factory cover for my 2017 Spark 2-up. Does anyone have any recommendation for ones that fit well? I will be parking on an EZ Dock so putting the strap underneath the hull is not really an option, so i want one that has a tight snug fit around the outer shell.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have two of these covers. One 2 up and one 3 up. They are just as good if not better than OEM.
https://www.shop.poppycompany.com/product.sc;jsessionid=35B8739D3C9E112837FED0CAD78EE66D.p3plqscsfapp006?productId=153&categoryId=2

FYI, I only have one spark. It was a 2up and I converted it to a 3up. I will sell you the used 2up cover. Just one thing, it has one hole in it back by the rear boarding step. the hole is about the size of a US nickle and happened as a result of rubbing on the dock during a storm.

If you want pics, [email protected]

I could also sew it for you with a patch of similar material for another 20 bucks. I would put a patch on both sides (inside and out) and also use fabric glue on the patch.

Or just get it new for 150.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I started a long thread about this on Facebook, most people believe the OEM is the best, but I don't like the open holes, it's not waterproof and the foot wells will fill with rain water and ruin my turf. I basically came down to 3 options.

1) The Poppy one listed above - I was told by someone inside in the industry that these are made by the same company with same material and pattern as OEM, but have a couple of improvements, like the waterproof venting in the rear rather than the gaping holes in the top front, and does not have the horrible white soft material around the handlebar area inside that shreds while trying to pull it around the bars.

2) I ended up going for this one from Covercraft. The material has very good reviews, and Covercraft overall good reviews in the realm of car covers. I like that it does not stretch around the handlebars, and it's solid, waterproof but breathable. $155 via ebay, there is a good picture there of it fitted to the ski, nice tight fit, but straight and not contoured around the handlebars. They are made per order, so the shipping time is long, about 6 weeks.

https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/product/covercraft-custom-ultratect-pwc-covers.PWC

3) I have Seal Skin top of the line cover for two other skis, they are good heavy quality material and long lasting, but not a very tailored fit at all. Cheapest option of the 3 at around $110 with coupon code and free shipping.

https://www.sealskincovers.com/index.php/seelskin-trade-pwc-cover-4760709.html?make=sea&type=5l

I will spray a coat of Never Wet on the outside of the cover to repel water, it works great and I've done this in the past, just re-apply every few months. It's available at Home Depot. This combination should keep the ski dry from rain, but still allows the cover to breathe.

·
Registered
35 Posts
FYI, I was wrong about the location of the hole, it is in the front, to the side of the bow.

I'ts been a while since I looked at it....had to dig it out of storage.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I got the Poppy for my first ski then I bought a Trixx right when they came out and Poppy wasnt making one that would fit yet so I bought an OEM.

Poppy is 1/2 the price and much better cover. The OEM has this terrible cotton crap inside that I cut out, it has a venting hole design that makes no sense and makes it so it has no water proofing, the pollen was much harder and collected much more on the OEM then the Poppy.

The OEM is a scam that has seadoo written on it and has a bag attached to it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just bought the aftermarket one on ebay titled "SeaDoo Jet Ski SPARK TRIXX 2up JetSki Cover 2017-2019 2 Seater PWC 600 Denier" for $62. They list the same one for Sparks as well. There are generally 3 thickness levels of denier on these types of covers: 200, 400 and 600. I went with the 600 to resist sun breakdown. I have a 200 denier on another Seadoo and it's fine, lasts around 2 seasons. It's not a fitted cover but seems pretty decent for the price. Certainly protects. It clips over the rear sponsons and seems to stay in place with a strong built-in elastic. Can be trailered with the 3 adjustable straps that come with it, has 2 large zippers to get into the front section from either side and a built-in storage bag.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just bought the aftermarket one on ebay titled "SeaDoo Jet Ski SPARK TRIXX 2up JetSki Cover 2017-2019 2 Seater PWC 600 Denier" for $62. They list the same one for Sparks as well. There are generally 3 thickness levels of denier on these types of covers: 200, 400 and 600. I went with the 600 to resist sun breakdown. I have a 200 denier on another Seadoo and it's fine, lasts around 2 seasons. It's not a fitted cover but seems pretty decent for the price. Certainly protects. It clips over the rear sponsons and seems to stay in place with a strong built-in elastic. Can be trailered with the 3 adjustable straps that come with it, has 2 large zippers to get into the front section from either side and a built-in storage bag.
that cover is a small step above a blue tarp and bungee cords.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
really? I sure don't see it that way. It's a pretty sturdy 600 Denier cover that protects from sun, rain, easy to put on/take off, holds in strong winds, is trailerable, for $62 delivered. Seems to do the job for me. To each his own I guess.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Of all mentioned so far the Poppy looks like the best one for my uses. Does any company make them out of Sunbrella material? I can't find any searching the net. I had one for my old '95 SP that lasted 5+ yrs before selling.
I'm going to be trailering to FL and back to TN fairly often so I want heavy, durable and waterproof (no front vents to let water in). I'll probably add 303 waterproofing also.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts