SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My spark was tied up at a dock overnight and the tide came in, pushing it under a dock and saltwater got inside. Won't start. I'm draining the water out now on a lift. What do I do next? Take it to dealer?

·
Registered
22 Posts
If your skill level in this type of thing isnt high Id suggest taking it into a dealer. ASAP.
You need to get that water out NOW. Not later. The longer it sits in there the worse its going to be.... Especially salt water.

DO NOT START IT!If there is water above the piston water does not compress and it can bent a rod, break cylinder studs, all kinds of nice things.

Water is going to need to be removed and new fluids replaced best case scenario

On a mx bike when this happens you typically turn the bike upside down with the spark plug removed. Turn the engine over via kick starter to get the water out of cyclinder, new oil and gas and ride.

You may want to get engine fogger to spray in there to prevent corrosion.

After you get it running (hopefully today) run it and change the oil multiple times. If its already been longer then a day chances are its toast (rods, cylinder, etc)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have one of these for keeping the ski on the shore overnight:
http://www.overtons.com/modperl/pro...Ramp-Systems-Shore-Docker-1200&i=72493&r=view

Every time I've let them float on their own overnight I have regretted it. They wind up banging into something, going up under the dock, or getting swamped by the wave action.

I've had my RX get swamped several times. I take the plugs out and crank it to get all the water out, put it up on the trailer or shore dock to drain the hull, spray everything down with WD 40, replace plugs, and crank. Then run it like you stole it for about an hour to get everything really heated up. This'll help evaporate any additional water.

For salt water, though, I'm sure you'll want to wash out the interior and change all the fluids.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.