SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2015 seadoo spark last year that has about 30 hours on it. First time on the water the next summer it felt fine for about 100 yds and than dropped down to 30 mph and 5700 rpms and is sluggish off the start. No check engine light ir codes. Sport mode makes no difference on it. I thought it was maybe the fuel so I drained it and put new fuel with no luck. Had a new wear ring put on it and still no luck. I just ordered new spark plugs on it and hope this will fix it. I also took off jet pump and it looks like it's got the proper clearance and still looks brand new. When riding it slow if you lean back you can get a hint of gas smell, not normal exhaust but gas. Only thing dealership said was they could look at the impeller again. Don't want to pay$200 for nothing. Any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2015 Sea-Doo spark 900 ace that runs great, however last week while out riding it the regulator/rectifier got so hot is melted itself off the airbox and melted the Styrofoam cubby near the fuel tank, the engine light came on then the ski said limp home until the battery died. The battery is new, I replaed the regulator/rectifier with OEM and the engine light is still on and the regulator get hot very quickly. I understand that the regulator is suppose to get hot but not that hot too melt it off the airbox. I have checked the fuse box for corrosion or blown fuse all in good condition. the wiring harness has no breaks, the negative terminal is clean and has good contact. Has anyone seen this or had the same issue. I will mention that the ski is all factory original no one has done any electrical or engine work other than maintenance on t his ski. thoughts suggestions ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a 2015 seadoo spark last year that has about 30 hours on it. First time on the water the next summer it felt fine for about 100 yds and than dropped down to 30 mph and 5700 rpms and is sluggish off the start. No check engine light ir codes. Sport mode makes no difference on it. I thought it was maybe the fuel so I drained it and put new fuel with no luck. Had a new wear ring put on it and still no luck. I just ordered new spark plugs on it and hope this will fix it. I also took off jet pump and it looks like it's got the proper clearance and still looks brand new. When riding it slow if you lean back you can get a hint of gas smell, not normal exhaust but gas. Only thing dealership said was they could look at the impeller again. Don't want to pay$200 for nothing. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Curious if you ever found the problem? Exact same thing is happening to mine. Won’t go fast anymore and slow out of the hole. Feels like it’s bogging down

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Curious if you ever found the problem? Exact same thing is happening to mine. Won’t go fast anymore and slow out of the hole. Feels like it’s bogging down
I changed out plugs coils and fuel pump and it fixed it. Not sure which one was the issue but figured if I had it apart I might as well do it all

1 - 10 of 10 Posts