SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone make a lift sling for the Spark? I have seen different jet ski slings online. All of them are straight bars with hooks that go under the side rail to lift. Most jet skis have a straight side rail. The Spark's side rail is not straight. It goes down then up. I do not think a straight bar sling will work.

If you have a Spark sling can you please provide pics of it by itself and attached to the Spark? Also can you give the link to where I can buy the sling?

Thanx.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How does the sling for the davit work from Riva? Do the lifting bars have a solid grab on the side rails? I want to use it to lift my spark on to the top of my boat using my 1500# davit.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had a similar concern before getting my sling. The spark is heavily weighted towards the back. The straight bar essentially goes along the rear section of the hull, right before it bends... and it's the perfect balance point. I got the cheap $109 "Erickson 02000 Personal Watercraft Lift Sling - 1000 lb. Load Capacity" from Amazon and it worked perfectly.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had a similar concern before getting my sling. The spark is heavily weighted towards the back. The straight bar essentially goes along the rear section of the hull, right before it bends... and it's the perfect balance point. I got the cheap $109 "Erickson 02000 Personal Watercraft Lift Sling - 1000 lb. Load Capacity" from Amazon and it worked perfectly.
How does that work? Those 3 hooks along the straight bar grip under the sides of the spark, and that is all that grips it?

Youre not worried about those 3 pressure points causing the spark plastics to bend or warp?

·
Registered
50 Posts
The straps on the sling are on the outside of the bar. When weighted, the bar+hooks are forced to rotate inward towards the spark hull. It's very secure, the lifting force is distributed, and doesn't seem to put any undo stress on the sides. Once you see it in action, it makes sense. I wouldn't _leave_ my spark on it... for storage purposes or such, but that applies to all sling type lifts. This is for temporary lifting + moving into the water. For example, I recently had to do some repairs to my trailer... so left it on the sling for 4 hours. Solid.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts