SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend I've been experiencing trouble with my Spark. I was up to my cabin for the weekend and when I got on my sea-doo yesterday to go for a run it wouldn't start. When I placed my key onto the post there was no beep, then when I pressed the start button the "Welcome aboard" message appeared but that is all. Finally after about 10 mins of disconnecting the key and reconnecting it, my sea doo finally started. The rest of the day my spark ran fine. Then today my brother went to go for a ride and again the same thing, he placed the key onto the post and pressed the start button and only got a beep. After roughly 10 mins it started. Later in the afternoon we were getting ready to go home so I went down to start my sea doo to go down to the landing. When I got on I placed the key onto the post and all I got again was the welcome aboard message. I tried for about 20 minutes with no luck so my father had to finally hook me up to his boat and proceeded to tow me down the river. While he was towing me I disconnected and reconnected the key countless times until I heard a beep and the welcome aboard message automatically displayed. I pressed the start button and the engine started so I unhooked from my father and headed down the river at a slow speed to give the engine time to warm up. After about 2 minutes of driving my Spark lost power and shut down on me. I turned it back on and it started for about 10 seconds and shut off again. I tried to start it again and the engine ran for about a minute. Finally I disconnected the key and attached it to the post again, pressed the start button and the engine started and stayed going until I reached my destination. Please help, anyone have anything similar happen?

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Not the key, that's only a magnet. Check the battery and make sure it is conected. Some people (Including myself) have found that the factory or the dealer has not tighten the cables. Also, check for the wire rubbing on the valve cover. That was also a problem in the no starts.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the input. I'm going to try checking the cables later this afternoon then going from there. I hope it's nothing too serious.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ditto on the loose cables for me. I fell prey to a rookie mistake...used the phillips screw driver instead of the 10mm for tightening the bolts down after I installed Battery Tender leads myself. Use a socket for that everyone...GreenHulk and others educated me on this.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tried tightening up the cables this afternoon and still no luck. Once I try to start the seadoo beeps followed by a clicking noise down by the battery area.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New discovery. If I press the start button before attaching my key then attach the key and press start again, my spark starts. Any thoughts ?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sparkes93: you always have to "wake it up" by pressing the start/stop button before starting. If not it wont start.... If this was the problem it wasent really a problem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not the key, that's only a magnet. Check the battery and make sure it is conected. Some people (Including myself) have found that the factory or the dealer has not tighten the cables. Also, check for the wire rubbing on the valve cover. That was also a problem in the no starts.
Hi What do you mean by wire? any wire or a particular wire? Mine started, then stopped about 3 times and the engine displayed on the dash, I charged it overnight, and still no start/ nothing the next day. My other concern is, I connected the hose to it to flush it, then it wouldn't start, stupidly I had the hose on, any suggestions about that would be greatly appreciated. Regards Shaz

1 - 12 of 12 Posts