SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm going to install the rear step on my spark tonight but after reading though the instructions it doesn't state to use any sort silicone or sealant to plug up the holes created by the install...

Does anyone have any experience with this install? The instructions to state to use loctite, however...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah I have some RTV loctite that I was thinking of using, just wasn't sure. Did you silicone inside of the holes then put the screw in or put it on the screw threads?

Anyone know what the top holes in the step are for? Seems strange that they would have two holes up top but no hardware or marked areas to install them...

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 17 year old daughter installed ours ;) Used some adhesive silicone caulking by filling the two holes before running the two screws in. It took the two of us to hold it up high enough for the holes to align...just a tad tricky for one to do, especially when this one needs reader glasses...hehe. Never noticed extra holes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yeah, I saw the extra holes, but didn't worry much about them. Not sure what they are for. I filled the holes and then screwed them in place...I may have put some on the treads as well. It is kinda tricky with one person, but not too hard.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Im surprised that they don't say anything about it in the installation instructions. I would guess that it is a good idea, but maybe its not even necessary. Better safe than sorry I suppose.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm going to install the rear step on my spark tonight but after reading though the instructions it doesn't state to use any sort silicone or sealant to plug up the holes created by the install...

Does anyone have any experience with this install? The instructions to state to use loctite, however...
The loctite they are saying to use is an rtv silicone, just a dab in each hole will do, there isn't a hole through the hull that is going to let water into the unit, I suspect its more for northern climates so water doesn't make its way in the hole then freeze and break the hole out.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The loctite they are saying to use is an rtv silicone, just a dab in each hole will do, there isn't a hole through the hull that is going to let water into the unit, I suspect its more for northern climates so water doesn't make its way in the hole then freeze and break the hole out.
Guess I figured once those two screw went through they created holes in the hull? Where else would they go? Regardless I used some RTV on the holes and the screws and everything seems to be installed well. Took it out afterwards and while I have water in the hull it doesn't seem like it's more than normal.

How much water does everyone else end up with in the hull after hard riding (tricks, flipping it, etc.)?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I find I have no water in the hull at this point. I also ride for 5 minutes at low RPMs after flipping it to pump out any water in there, just in case, but I don't feel any in there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I'll have to keep my eye on it. I never get a huge amount of water in there but there is always some that comes out of the drain hole when I pull the plug. I especially notice it when I pull it out using the ramp instead of pulling up to my easydock. It's never enough water for the bilge pump it pick it up, however.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Guess I figured once those two screw went through they created holes in the hull? Where else would they go? Regardless I used some RTV on the holes and the screws and everything seems to be installed well. Took it out afterwards and while I have water in the hull it doesn't seem like it's more than normal.

How much water does everyone else end up with in the hull after hard riding (tricks, flipping it, etc.)?
yes, they are just blind holes in the hull, the screw doesn't punch through anything.

I never see anything come out of the drain plugs either, but there is always water in the hull on mine maybe an inch in the bottom of the hull, I have the bilge pump kit in mine but I never notice anything coming out of it, even when I flip it, usually every time I go out I flip it at least once.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts