SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

Spark tie downs ...

17K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  BADDAD 
#1 ·
Is anyone using the Sea Doo Deluxe Tie Down Buckle with part number: 295100389 on their Spark? The Sea Doo store states that it is not for the Spark, yet if you watch the Sea Doo video (from their site): Proper Watercraft Trailering, it certainly looks like they are using that part, and I haven't been able to figure out why its not for the Spark. I contact BRP customer service and asked. Not only did they have no idea, they weren't willing to find an answer or recommend a part! Go figure, they designed the Spark (great job by the way), the Move II trailer, and no tie down to go with it.

My dealer (1 hour away) had strapped one 10' tie down to the tow hook, laid it over the rear left of the Spark and hooked it on the left rear trailer hook. It didn't hold well, it was kinda useless.

It seems like one should start at the tow hook, go right over the side and connect to the trailer (this is a distance of about 4'). But, then you'd have to buy 2 short tie downs (which I haven't been able to find).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#3 ·
Gator06, thanks for the quick response. I'd like to ask: 1) How long are they? 2) I can't see the size of the parts that hook to the tow hook, are they so big that they rub on the plastic panel of the Spark? 3) Do they come with a protective piece of rubber for the part of the strap that goes over the side (I noticed someone used a pool noodle for that)? Thanks a lot!

#4 ·
They are 10 foot straps, so plenty long enough. There is enough excess that I bundle it up and zip tie it. No issues with rubbing around the tow hook area. The hooks on these straps are coated so that helps. No protective rubber, but I do the pool noodle thing too. $1.88 at Walmart, cut one in half and its the perfect length to cover each side.

#5 ·
I use the seadoo tie downs. It goes from one side of the trailer over the swim deck of the spark connects to the tow hook with two hooks then over the other side down to the trailer. It has two rubber protectors for the corners that the strap goes around. The hold good, I hit a deer with my car and hit the brakes hard and the spark never moved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.