SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi. New to the forum and its probably been 20 yrs since I've been on a PWC. My wife and I are interested in buying a PWC for our cottage, and I have some concerns about these new Sparks. I spent most of my summers in jr high and high school with my older cousins who always would 1 up another each summer buy buying the lastest Sea Doo (SPX, XP, HX). We would rip around the shores Lake Michigan just launching off the wake. Now my question, are these new Sparks even close to being capable to doing what the Sea Doos of the mid 90s could do? We really don't want to buy a Spark and be dissappointed in its performance. Also what happened to the Industry!? All new PWC are insanely large (and very expensive)! They seem to be geared towards 60 year olds who don't want to spin, launch, or get flung off. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had a older 1992 seadoo that I got tired of working on. I got the spark in April 2014 and have never been disappointed. I wanted something new and reliable but still offered the old school feel. It may not have the top speed as some of the older XPs but its quick and maneuverable just like the good old days.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Well we went ahead and pulled the trigger. Red 2 up HO. bare bones, just got a cover and the number kit. Got the extended free 3 yr warranty sea doo was offering if purchased before March 31st. Now summer just needs to get here up in Michigan. $6650 out the door for 2 up HO, cover, numbers and fire extinguisher. Plus 2 free sea doo neoprene vests and free delivery to our cottage. How did I do?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well we went ahead and pulled the trigger. Red 2 up HO. bare bones, just got a cover and the number kit. Got the extended free 3 yr warranty sea doo was offering if purchased before March 31st. Now summer just needs to get here up in Michigan. $6650 out the door for 2 up HO, cover, numbers and fire extinguisher. Plus 2 free sea doo neoprene vests and free delivery to our cottage. How did I do?
Id say good. I paid 7000 for my 15 ho last august here in cali. I got the convenience package. None of the other stuff you got....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.