SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed the VTS today while installing the flush kit and winterizing. Install was fairly easy and Spark now shows up with VTS on the display. I am even able to go into VTS override mode by holding down the brake lever.

The problem I am having is it won't actually change the UP or Down pitch of the jet. I tried changing it in IVT override mode and even while hooked up to hose in forward.

Shouldn't the VTS line go up (i believe I read it goes 3 up and 3 down) - mine doesn't do anything. Spark is equipped with IBR and the scoop is moving up and down as normal.

What is strange is that I do not see any way the IBR could actually move the nozzle up or down. Their appears to be a missing rod connecting to the top of the nozzle, but I have not seen a picture of other IBR equipped Sparks to know how others look.

Any help from you that have done this before would be appreciated. I held off on winterizing to see if anyone had any advice.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
The engine has to be running for it to work. With the engine running, the VTS will move the bucket which indeed moves the nozzle. The trim gauge on the left of the display should show it. The iBR bucket will be very high regardless of the trim setting. The changes appear slight, but makes a pretty dramatic change in the handling of the watercraft. Try looking with trim full up and comparing to full down and you should see the difference.

·
Registered
516 Posts
The other mistake everyone seems to be having, during override mode you have to continuously hold the brake leaver. Also hold the up and down buttons to see the most movement not just a tap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
516 Posts
The display only has three lines up and three lines down but each line actually has a bunch of button presses to go to the next line.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
The other mistake everyone seems to be having, during override mode you have to continuously hold the brake leaver. Also hold the up and down buttons to see the most movement not just a tap

Do This ^^^^^^^^^^....and re-read directions to VTS. You just missed a simple step.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone have this same problem? What was conclusion? I have same problem. All installed and nothing... I get the reading on display just like mentioned above but the back doesn't do a thing. Not move up or down.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone have this same problem? What was conclusion? I have same problem. All installed and nothing... I get the reading on display just like mentioned above but the back doesn't do a thing. Not move up or down.
To perform the VTS override, plug the key onto the DESS post, then push the start button to power the ski (do not hold it to turn on the engine). Once the LCD turns on, hold in the ibr lever and then push the mode button under the screen. You should hear a beep and it will say that ibr override is activated and then you can use the trim up/down buttons to move the gate. You need to hold onto the ibr lever the whole time. Once you get the gate to where you want, you can let go of the ibr lever and then pull out the key.

What you are probably missing is pushing the mode button after holding in the ibr lever. The screen should read like "ibr override - push mode to activate" or something like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts