SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum but wanted to share my experience/nightmare I had last weekend on the water.

After cruising about 30 minutes down the Florida intercoastal (mainly idle) I decided to go out into the ocean for a little. The inlet was extremely rough 6-7 FT seas. I stood up too fast and my key popped off shutting the ski down. Put the key back on and the ski wouldn't start! Nothing would happen when I hit the start/stop button. Here I am just feet away from slamming into the rocks of the inlet (crazy scary). I drifted closer to the beach and after about 5 minutes of trying to start the ski I finally got the triple beep but no engine turn over. Check engine light came on, getting slammed by waves it was a nightmare.

Finally after 5-7 minutes of trying to start the ski, it fires up and the check engine light went away. I took it in, turned it off and back on a few times with no issues. Called my dealer and they have not heard of any issue like this but would submit a ticket/case to BRP.

The next day I took my ski out and it wouldn't start again. I opened the engine access panel and could hear knocking noise when trying to start the ski. My dash was flickering which indicated a power issue. I checked my battery and noticed sparks whenever I hit the start button.

Turns out the battery terminal connection was lose because the dealer didn't tighten down enough. All this because some shop mechanic was lazy and didn't double check to make sure everything was all tighten down. I nearly sunk my spark with less than 6 hours on it!

See the link below for the video of the issue I was having at the boat ramp. Sorry for noisy video, it was pretty windy out there. I hope this helps anyone that may experience this issue in the future and if not, maybe tighten a few battery connections!

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=ABEB2ED151DB6BF7!2679&authkey=!APzbNM3tMpun8gc&ithint=video,.mp4

I tightend both connections and she fired right up.

Cheers!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum but wanted to share my experience/nightmare I had last weekend on the water.

After cruising about 30 minutes down the Florida intercoastal (mainly idle) I decided to go out into the ocean for a little. The inlet was extremely rough 6-7 FT seas. I stood up too fast and my key popped off shutting the ski down. Put the key back on and the ski wouldn't start! Nothing would happen when I hit the start/stop button. Here I am just feet away from slamming into the rocks of the inlet (crazy scary). I drifted closer to the beach and after about 5 minutes of trying to start the ski I finally got the triple beep but no engine turn over. Check engine light came on, getting slammed by waves it was a nightmare.

Finally after 5-7 minutes of trying to start the ski, it fires up and the check engine light went away. I took it in, turned it off and back on a few times with no issues. Called my dealer and they have not heard of any issue like this but would submit a ticket/case to BRP.

The next day I took my ski out and it wouldn't start again. I opened the engine access panel and could hear knocking noise when trying to start the ski. My dash was flickering which indicated a power issue. I checked my battery and noticed sparks whenever I hit the start button.

Turns out the battery terminal connection was lose because the dealer didn't tighten down enough. All this because some shop mechanic was lazy and didn't double check to make sure everything was all tighten down. I nearly sunk my spark with less than 6 hours on it!

See the link below for the video of the issue I was having at the boat ramp. Sorry for noisy video, it was pretty windy out there. I hope this helps anyone that may experience this issue in the future and if not, maybe tighten a few battery connections!

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=ABEB2ED151DB6BF7!2679&authkey=!APzbNM3tMpun8gc&ithint=video,.mp4

I tightend both connections and she fired right up.

Cheers!
Man, glad everything turned out OK!!! Glad you found the problem.

Yep, my phone sent this...

·
Registered
247 Posts
A reminder that battery connections can play Havoc with BRP Products.
Take the time to use a 10mm socket to tighten the battery terminals !! Do Not rely on the Phillips head fitting screwdriver?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts