SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard from several sources that the Sparks seem to be prone to seaweed , stones, shells, etc. being sucked in the intake and clogging / doing damage. I guess when this happens if you accelerate it reves but you don't go anywhere. As per page 70 in the manual it gives a tip of how to clear it while in the water but I'd like to prevent it getting clogged in the first place.

I asked my sales guy and he said just don't accelerate near seaweed / stones or when you are in less than 5 feet of water. (Idle all the way out)

1) is there an after market grate / screen cap or something that can hep prevent this issue?

2) is there an after market cap / grate / screen type deal that can be added for extra protection ?

3) is there any sort of grate / protection on it right now that it comes with

thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts
So i take it that an aftermarket grate is out of the question?
Aftermarket grates I've seen for the Spark are for performance. I have never seen a aftermarket grate for increased debris protection. Just be really careful which is good practice for any watercraft. But stuff happens...like birds flying into jet engines.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You might want to consider a stainless steal wear ring, they seem to be a bit fragile there have been a few on the site that went already. however there has been some speculation it was just a bad batch...

·
Registered
289 Posts
Is this a problem with the Spark or just making sure you don't ride through a field of sea weed, as you should with any PWC? I'm not convinced that it is a problem specific to the Spark, or that it is a fault with the Spark.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Is this a problem with the Spark or just making sure you don't ride through a field of sea weed, as you should with any PWC? I'm not convinced that it is a problem specific to the Spark, or that it is a fault with the Spark.
No, it seems like people who have never ridden a PWC before are getting Sparks without having any understanding of them, and riding through crap and damaging them. If you ride any PWC through a field of sea weed you will suck it up- aftermarket grate or not.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Just be aware of your surroundings, yes it will suck something up if you ride over it. I'd assume you wouldnt normally drive your car over a large batch of nails so don't ride the ski over something fishy. Its a water jet it sucks water and everything else up and through it, I work on large water jets for yachts and ferries and you wouldnt belive the things they manage to suck up (grocery carts, tractor tires etc)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts