SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

What sponsons are the best for the Spark?

• Riva

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Worx

Votes: 3 75.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Going to buy my first mod for the Spark in January, a set of sponsons.

I had made up my mind to get the Riva ones cause they have something like 12 adjustable positions, but in another forum a lot of people were saying the Worx ones were more aggressive.

so thought I'd post a poll and find out WHY people prefer the sponsons they have.

Did you get Riva or Worx?
Are you happy with what you got?
can you explain to me why you prefer one type over the other?

the difference in price is quite a bit if you're in Australia but I don't want to base my decision on cost - I simply want to get the best sponsons for the job. Most of our riding is on the river.

Opinions welcome

Thanks!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have the riva ones and think they are really good. I havent tried it in the most aggressive setting yet though... Ive had one problem with them, the bolts seized and wouldn't come off... The head got stripped so i had to drill them out...

I used some anti seize on them and now they are fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
319 Posts
My vote is still run sponson free. Of course only for skilled riders. I guess if you want to run obstical courses ,slow cruise or ride double then a deeper one would be in order.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought the worx sponsons based on price (being the worx are $260 compared to riva's $445) and that every other spark I have seen that races has the worx sponsons. I haven't had a chance to test them on the water yet, also the 12 adjustments seems a bit over kill to me, your more than likely only to ever use two or three at the most and stick to the position you like.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The rivas are not 445$... They're like 275$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
actually for us aussies they ARE $445.
that $275 converts to $380 at the moment, and once you add on postage to us, $445 is about right.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If I mount the WORX sponsons in the highest position is that higher than stock? Would the stock sponson position be considered the middle hole? I want the option to raise the sponson so that I can spin out and do 180s easier but don't want to spend the money if the highest slot is at stock height.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I had the same question as Scott.

I'm considering the Riva sponsons... in the "all the way up" position, are they higher than stock? Looking for sliding... but not as much as completely removed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts