SeaDoo Spark Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I know that some of the more expensive GTX and GTI models have an Eco mode, but was just curious, is the touring mode on our Sparks supposed to be more fuel efficient? I know there is less out of the hole when in Touring mode, but I can't seem to figure out if its just holding back the throttle or actually changing the fuel/air ratio to be more efficient instead of flooding the engine to get that off the line in sport mode.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi all,

I know that some of the more expensive GTX and GTI models have an Eco mode, but was just curious, is the touring mode on our Sparks supposed to be more fuel efficient? I know there is less out of the hole when in Touring mode, but I can't seem to figure out if its just holding back the throttle or actually changing the fuel/air ratio to be more efficient instead of flooding the engine to get that off the line in sport mode.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks!
I think it is just limiting the rpm curve from 0 mph to 50 mph but in sports mode you have full throtle right away.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
I agree. i think it just holds back the intial punch at the begining. I have rode my in both modes and they both top out at the same speed. One just gets there quicker.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Not even sure why you need the other drive mode. I don't know of many people who are really traveling on their Sea-Doo. Do any of you guys go on long trips on your Sea-Doo? Do you use the touring mode?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Not even sure why you need the other drive mode. I don't know of many people who are really traveling on their Sea-Doo. Do any of you guys go on long trips on your Sea-Doo? Do you use the touring mode?
Yep. We go touring quite a bit. 2 or 3 hours down river. We just using touring mode and cruise at 30 to 35 mph

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
When I take a girl on the ski and she takes it on her own, it stays in touring mode ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the info everyone. I didn't think there was a difference but I could find any irrifutable proof that there was a difference! I agree with the ski comment, pulling out of the hole and not yanking someone's arms off using touring is good for a water skier / wakeboarder! I have done a couple trips and as soon as I get into choppy/swell conditions I have to switch to sport to power out of the up hill of the waves. The touring mode doesn't seem that useful but hey doesn't bother me to have it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I keep it in touring mode and it is a little easier to control if you are new to the PWC world. I have a 3up with the 90hp, and will top out at 52 mph in that mode. From what I can tell, it only effects the power when you start. If you are new to the sport, touring mode will not throw you or a rider off the back! LOL

H

·
Registered
247 Posts
One nice thing about the touring mode is when you go down the river turning from side to side every 10 feet it helps to have to give it more throttle each time to get in a rhythm .
Sometimes the sport mode can get awful twitchy during donuts and figure eights?
Touring Mode It more forgiving!

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
I keep mine in sport mode. I want that quick burst whenever needed or wanted. I like making the Spark jump out of the water. Do not get many wakes to help jumping when riding in lakes. I bet they are a blast when you have waves to jump.

·
Registered
9 Posts
We ride ours for hour or two straight all around lake Roosevelt we just have it in sport mode.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I go with Touring when doing longer distances. It's nice because it helps holding a steady throttle over waves (when you accidently compress/decompress the throttle)... Helps save fuel!
we do the same, if its a little choppy out it makes it a little easier to maintain a steady speed, the throttle doesn't react as fast, easier on skier and wake boarders too!

I just wish they offered a cruise control option on the spark! I know, they are suppose to be cheap entry level machines, but there are some things I would spend $$ on for add on options. (DESS, VTS, built in Gps, Stereo)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts