SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Was out over the weekend and after an hour or so of riding, the steering became squeeky when making turns. It did this for a while then stopped. Anyone experienced this before? Was it related to the recall?

Thank You

Chay

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a squeeky sound that comes and goes also, my steering can show some resistance when this happen aswell. When i play and get water around the column this tend to happen, later when it dries it frees up again.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats exactly what happens with mine. Kind of strange. Im about to go back out in a little bit today and see if it happens again. If it continues im gonna call the dealer. Thanks for verifying yours does to. It seems as if when you are getting into it with turns and stuff it must get restrictive in there from all the force.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine just started doing that as well a few weeks ago. It comes and goes and is sometimes worse than at other times.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Squeeky since about 15 hours old. It comes and goes but when it's happening it's the only thing annoying about my 2-up. If someone gets a lead on what to lube I am dying to see that posted. It's gotta be plastic on plastic gone wrong somewhere in that steering column.

·
Registered
29 Posts
We got ours recalled because of a problem with the steering falling off! Call your dealer immediately!!!! Apparently they did not make the Sparks for riding in real water!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Squeeky since about 15 hours old. It comes and goes but when it's happening it's the only thing annoying about my 2-up. If someone gets a lead on what to lube I am dying to see that posted. It's gotta be plastic on plastic gone wrong somewhere in that steering column.
Get to dealer. They have been recalled for steering issues.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Both of my sparks have a squeaky steering column. Since the first ride. They are replacing handle bar assembly on both now. Hopefully the sound goes away. It was annoying.

·
Registered
29 Posts
They are replacing a lot of steering columns!!! They were manufactured wrong from factory!

Now we all have to lose the use of our Sparks while waiting for our dealers to get the parts and fix it!

Meanwhile summer is quickly ending! I also don;t know if after being in the shop after only 4 hours of riding, I will ever trust my Spark again.

I might just trade it in next summer for a more trusted brand that all the kinks have been worked out like Honda or Kawasaki.

I am not being mean, but really what is going to happen when people start putting 20 or 30 hours on the Spark. Will there be more issues. I am concerned!

·
Registered
224 Posts
They are replacing a lot of steering columns!!! They were manufactured wrong from factory!

Now we all have to lose the use of our Sparks while waiting for our dealers to get the parts and fix it!

Meanwhile summer is quickly ending! I also don;t know if after being in the shop after only 4 hours of riding, I will ever trust my Spark again.

I might just trade it in next summer for a more trusted brand that all the kinks have been worked out like Honda or Kawasaki.

I am not being mean, but really what is going to happen when people start putting 20 or 30 hours on the Spark. Will there be more issues. I am concerned!
You are not well suited for this PWC. I think you should sell them this year. ASAP. Your life is in danger. RUN!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Squeaky?

I have 2 sparks that were mfgrd in June. Just got steering recall notices on both.
The orange one has no steering sound. The yellow one is a little tight going to the right and squeaks.

I had heard about the columns breaking from this forum before I picked them up (thanks guys). That said, I instructed my family to ride with soft hands, never pull hard or over crank. This is the way you should ride them in any water conditions so I do not anticipate any problems. I just won't let others ride them until they are fixed.

My plan is to wait till the end of summer and take them in for service, winterize and recall at the same time.

Hopefully they won't break:

·
Registered
91 Posts
This is clearly the right option for you. You have been "disappointed" with your Spark since your very first post on these forums.

There are owners on this forum and others who have reached 30 hours and beyond without issue.

·
Premium Member
768 Posts
Product Recall Information

INITIAL SAFETY RECALL NOTICE - 2002-2007 ARX1200 Aquatrax

February 12, 2014

June/July 2014

INITIAL SAFETY RECALL NOTICE

Dear ARX1200 Owner:

What is the reason for this notice?
Parts are now available to conduct an important SAFETY RECALL involving the fuel tank on your Honda ARX1200 PWC.

What is the problem?
Honda has determined that, over time, the fuel tank on your ARX1200 can crack and leak fuel after having been exposed to chemicals commonly found in many aerosol sprays used by ARX owners and dealers to clean the engine and prevent oxidation of metal parts. Even a small amount of chemical exposure can lead to cracking over time. If fuel leaks into the hull it poses a risk of fire and explosion in which the operator and passengers could be seriously injured or killed.

AND ONE FOR YOUR OTHER SKI THAT HAS NO RECALLS
01.Kawasaki Jet Skis assorted models recall

Product description

Kawasaki Jet Skis imported between November 2009 and Janaury 2012

Identifying features

Recall number: DBD811A
Total units: 797
See attachment for affected model numbers

What are the hazards?

This may cause the Jet Ski to steer or for the steering to become obstructed creating the potential for an accident.

Read more: http://www.choice.com.au/media-and-...t-skis-assorted-models-recall.aspx#ixzz38RMk1

Please sell your ski so we can get back to people on this site that actually like what hey bought and don't post just because they have a problem.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts