SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to let everyone know that I made some stainless steel oval hull washers. I had them laser cut from 316 marine grade stainless steel. I'm offering them on Ebay but I'd like to offer them direct too. So here are prices with USPS Priority Mail shipping included in the US.

10 washers - $22.00
25 washers - $46.50
45 washers - $80.00

Please PM me with any questions.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is 21 washers when you remove the center section. If you add in the ones for the front nose and the rear deck, there is a total of 41. I haven't removed any of the bumpers though to see if there are any underneath.

·
Registered
114 Posts
From Worx in Australia (who's kit is waayyyyy more expensive for us in the USA)
"This stainless washer kit replaces the failure prone plastic washers that hold your top deck to your hull, it's just no fun blasting through the chop to find your top parting company with the bottom. Worx have made this simple 10 minute fitting kit to keep your new Spark in one piece."
Guess the thinking is the stockers will eventually fail if you ride hard.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had these made because the stock plastic ones tend to get crushed and I've seen them break if you accidentally over tighten the bolts when putting the top back on. Which is sometimes easy to do if you are using power tools.

Plus the stock plastic ones retail for $1.99 each so you might as well get stainless steel ones for basically the same price if you need to replace any.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I think the idea is for the washers to distribute weight a bit more widely so that the hull is less likely to break. It is a problem that Sea-Doo should think about addressing though. They probably won't recall them, but maybe when they come out with a new model they will change the materials up a bit to prevent this from happening anymore.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just bought a 45 pack on ebay from you. Only have one Spark now, but planning for a second and I know I will need them in the future for both. Thanks for making them!

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you for your purchase. Let me know when you're ready for the other set and I will get you set-up.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just made another batch and I doubled what I made last year which has allowed me to lower my prices. So here is my updated pricing if you purchase them directly from me. These prices still include free USPS Priority Mail shipping in the US.

10 washers - $18.00
25 washers - $36.00
45 washers - $60.00

Just send me a PM if you'd like to order a set.

You can also purchase them directly from me off Ebay if you feel more comfortable that way. Here is a link to my listing for 45 washers. If you'd like a lower quantity, just check my Ebay store.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181701242705?ru=http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=181701242705&_rdc=1

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts