SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I had to change the deck on one of our 2 ups. After I replaced everything the Spark starts up and shuts back off and says check engine. I swapped out the whole steering column harness and all to eliminate anything there. I also swapped out the emergency switch assembly to eliminate that. I only unplugged the harness that goes to the steering column to remove the deck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Jason

·
Registered
337 Posts
Might need a reflash after changing electrical components? Don't quote me as I have no clue, are you sure everything was plugged back in?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't change any electrical components at 1st. I just did it after it didn't stay running. I originally only unplugged the wire harness that goes to the steering wheel. The only new part was the deck. I was thinking maybe I blew a fuse or something but the fuses that I found are good. The ski was running but the deck was cracked. It sat for 3 weeks waiting on the deck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I disconnected the negative and positive cable and let it sit for about 15 minutes before reconnecting the cables. It is still starting and shutting off. There is gas and oil in it. If you start it it does have throttle response for a second or 2 before shutting off. It will start right back up and shut off again

·
Registered
916 Posts
A couple of people on these boards said they had problems with the temp sensor and starter switch and had to be replaced. Warranty covered it. could be that. Good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts