SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying a Spark in a few weeks, but I am wondering about trailering it. I currently have a Zieman J-2B trailer, and I only have a single Waverunner VX Sport right now, so there's an empty bunk for her new sibling. I've been trying to find pictures on the internet, but so far, I can't see any way to strap the rear of the Spark down to the trailer. Are there trailer hooks in the transom of the Spark? Or will I end up having to jerry-rig it using the tow hook and a longer strap?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rear tie downs

I just run a set of tie down straps through the rear pull attachment on mine (60 & 90 hp models). Texas has some rough roads, so I feel safer towing this way.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Owner's Manual: Page 10
All PWC models come equipped with tow eyelets that can be used for mooring and as tie-down points when trailering.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Best pic I have. This is a 3 point tie down strap which I have covered with a swimming noodle. Center hook goes where you hook a tow rope under the seat and the other ends attach to the trailer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
133 Posts
I will try to post pics tomorrow. I have both a 3 up and a 2 up with two different types of tie-down straps (both made by Sea-Doo). Both Sparks have different tie-down 'points' I have learned....no help from the dealer who forgot to mention tie-downs at all :(

If you look at this video produced by Sea-Doo

and go to the :16 second mark, you will see that the Spark on the left which appears to be the 3 up (both are covered) is tied down correctly. The Spark on the right which I believe is a 2-up, is not tied correctly. Notice the strap on the right is already starting to slide towards the rear of the ski? Another few seconds and the tie-down on the right ski is completely useless. The 2-up's need to have the strap attached at the back, not the sides of the ski. (again, will do my best to post pics tomorrow).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts