SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I bought a Spark in yellow as it was all I could find with the options I wanted. I live in Maine, not many options and many of the dealers were sold out and not getting anymore. So, I grabbed one. Now I want the orange colored one. Hahaha. So, anyone have any idea on where I could swap out my yellow pieces out for orange? Long shot I know. Just a thought.

·
Registered
48 Posts
well this is a good place to start, I'm pretty sure you're not the only one whos looking for a swap ;) Or have you tried speaking with seadoo directly, order them as a part or perhaps facilitate an exchange with them for plastics only? Worst case ontario just plasti dip :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't really know what that is and not sure I want to experiment with it on my spark. Just looking to swap pieces with someone or I may just buy the orange ones and sell the yellow ones at some point. They seem inexpensive (unless I'm missing something) and also seem easy to swap out.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I really don't know how well plastic dip would hold up, if there is any scratches the water will lift the layer. Wakeskatr72 plastic dipped his green and it looks amazing, you could ask him for tips on that if anything.

I'd say for durability why not just vinyl wrap it? it would be cheaper to do so and if and when you are tired of the color just rip off with no fuss.

It'll be an estimate of under $40 worth of material to cover all the panels.

3M 1080 Vinyl Wrap - Matte Orange

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm actually in the process of installing the a licorice color kit on my base 2up. Dealer couldn't get a licorice one so sold me a vanilla one and gave me the licorice color kit for his cost

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
I plasti dipped all my panels and after 2 full days of riding it is holding up very well. Only one small nick from being tied up to the dock, in my opinion the plasti dip is good if you only want it temporarily or want to change colors often. A vinyl wrap would definitely be the way to go for a more permanent solution

·
Registered
437 Posts
I plasti dipped all my panels and after 2 full days of riding it is holding up very well. Only one small nick from being tied up to the dock, in my opinion the plasti dip is good if you only want it temporarily or want to change colors often. A vinyl wrap would definitely be the way to go for a more permanent solution
The top layer looks even from all the pictures you have shown us. Just curious though, how many layers and cans did you end up using in total?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Also there are a lot of really epic colors that vinyl wrap comes in which that alone can make it a better option than plasti dip

·
Registered
233 Posts
You could always buy one of the wrap kits that Sea Doo sells for the Spark. They look really nice, though they are a bit overpriced in my opinion. Have you looked into them?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I saw those, but at $400+ and the time to put them on......I think I would rather buy the color I want and sell the yellow ones. I did look into vinyl wrapping the pieces and I'm waiting on a quote.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I bought the yellow for the visibility when on the Columbia River and the chop is high, seemed to me to be THE most visable color, along w/ lotsa yellow on the PFD's too...And, it looks good (me thinks)

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
The top layer looks even from all the pictures you have shown us. Just curious though, how many layers and cans did you end up using in total?
I did 4 layers while allowing about 10 minutes for it to dry in between layers. I used all 3 cans and was able to cost everything I planned on.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I did 4 layers while allowing about 10 minutes for it to dry in between layers. I used all 3 cans and was able to cost everything I planned on.

Would love to meet up and see your ski and how it came out. I'm looking into doing the dessert tan color and throwing some of the gloss coating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Me and some friends (who also have sparks) are heading out to the Markham park jet ski lake on sunday, come out and join the crew!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought an Orange Sea Doo Spark 3-UP this past weekend. I wanted the Yellow... (grin)

I'd happily exchange parts with you except for two sticky parts. The first is that the jetski is in Canada about 40 minutes outside of Calais. The second is the Sea Doo warranty. I'm willing to bet that if you swap parts, and the parts fail, they will not cover it under warranty.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just bought an Orange Sea Doo Spark 3-UP this past weekend. I wanted the Yellow... (grin)

I'd happily exchange parts with you except for two sticky parts. The first is that the jetski is in Canada about 40 minutes outside of Calais. The second is the Sea Doo warranty. I'm willing to bet that if you swap parts, and the parts fail, they will not cover it under warranty.

Wish u were in Miami FL I would consider giving you the yellow for the orange

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hey David, I'm in Canada (Windsor, On). . . I just bought the yellow one today. Would have preferred to grab the orange. Whereabouts are you at exactly? I'd definitely be up for making the swap.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts