SeaDoo Spark Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in throwing some paint on a couple pieces of the Spark to make it actually unique (not like a wrap); are there any tear down manuals / exploded views?

Was mainly looking to take the piece off right in front of the handle bars, took the front screw out and couldn't find any others; someone on here know more?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking of messing around with plastidip for the first time. Should work if I can get it off and cleaned...if it doesn't look good I can just peel it off.

·
Registered
337 Posts
yea vinyl might be more beneficial if the piece is prone to flexing. I have feeling the plasti dip will begin to crack and chip with moderate flexing...

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
plasti dip won't crack, if you applying it really thin then theres a chance.
but it's quite flexible, it's always best to spray on a thick layer.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not gonna go on the hull or anything. Once I get my reg numbers I'll think of some more ideas. I figure why not mess with it at all? I guess if I did want to keep it unique I know a few people that do vinyl in town, just want it to be a bit different so I am avoiding the BRP wraps.

·
Registered
430 Posts
ahh. well you could vinyl it yourself

not too hard really

just cut out the shapes and stick em on. its like putting a huge sticker on

·
Registered
337 Posts
Not gonna go on the hull or anything. Once I get my reg numbers I'll think of some more ideas. I figure why not mess with it at all? I guess if I did want to keep it unique I know a few people that do vinyl in town, just want it to be a bit different so I am avoiding the BRP wraps.
oh yea, not a big fan of the BRP stockers either, but you could do some wild ish, it really doesnt cost much to get your pattern printed, install might run you a little more but like was said above you could always go it yourself, it really is like stickers LOL

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Speaking of, anyone have examples of their reg numbers? Doesn't seem like a lot of space to post them up on the Spark.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
ahh. well you could vinyl it yourself

not too hard really

just cut out the shapes and stick em on. its like putting a huge sticker on
But before you do that having a stencil to go off of that you can create will help. measure a few times...cut once!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts